Falling by the Wayside in Historic New England
The Wayside Carriage House Inn • Sudbury, MA
- A One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($89) or Fridays and Saturdays ($99), in a King or Double-Queen Room
- Continental Breakfast for Two
- $25 Dinner Credit for Longfellow's Wayside Inn
Call your boss's bluff and go AWOL for an Escape to The Wayside Carriage House Inn, a boutique hotel in Sudbury, Massachusetts, that's run by the oldest still-operating inn in the continental US.
Stay one night, Sundays through Thursdays ($89) or Fridays and Saturdays ($99), in a room with your choice of one king- or two queen-size beds.
In the morning, the inn will arm troops with a continental breakfast for two. Afterward, take a tour of Longfellow's Historic District; stand in formation at the Grist Mill, built by former property owner Henry Ford—the cornmeal and wheat flour it produces is used in the inn's baked goods; and then, march onward to the Redstone School, a one-room schoolhouse dating back to 1798.
After a short drive to Walden Pond (yes, that Walden Pond), head to the Carriage House's sister property, Longfellow's Wayside Inn. Settle into a table in the dining room, where the rustic post-and-beam frames set a ruggedly romantic tone for a home-cooked meal complemented by traditional libations. (Insider tip: Request a seat by the fireplace, though there are no promises, as they fill up fast.)
Fill up on starters like Duxbury Bay oysters on the half shell or the traditional New England clam chowder. For main course, choose among favorites like Salmon Dijonaise or Wayside Inn Lobster Pie. Then, stick a feather in your nightcap with a Coow Woow, a rum and ginger brandy concoction that lays claim to the title of America's first mixed drink.
Charge forward to new stomping grounds and declare victory in New England with an Escape that's Yankee Doodle Dandy.
"The king room was very large and the bed was very comfortable! The décor has New England charm, while the room itself has all the modern amenities."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel 11/1/12 - 3/31/13
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Blackout dates are 11/22, 12/31, 2/14 and 2/18-22
- Based on double occupancy
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • Enjoy By March 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 54% savings