From Bourbon to Barbecue in Louisville
Ramada Plaza Louisville • Louisville, KY
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Room ($52)
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two in a Suite with Breakfast for Two ($79)
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
The trick is to pronounce it as if your mouth were full of marbles. Say it with us now, LOU-uh-vull. Good. Now toss back a small-batch bourbon, dig into fried catfish and artisanal grits, and place your bets: It's post time in Derby City.
While you could pass for a local knowing these four tenets of life in Louisville, there's much more to this 233-year-old town on the Ohio River—it's Kentucky's largest city, after all. Get acquainted with the old, the new, and everything in between, starting with a little Southern hospitality at the Ramada Plaza Louisville.
Situated on the east side of town just a few minutes' drive from the airport, this recently renovated hotel features a host of amenities, among them a heated indoor pool, a sauna, an on-site spa, and a workout facility. Rooms are equipped with Wi-Fi and a 32-inch HDTV, and appointed with a king or two double beds. There are also two on-site restaurants: Tazza Italia, which serves breakfast each morning beginning at 6, and Wicks Pizza & Pub, a casual Italian restaurant and bar dishing up lunch and dinner until 11:30 p.m.
A 15-minute drive west on Interstate 64 puts you in the heart of Downtown Louisville. Here, overlooking the river, the Muhammad Ali Center is a shining tribute to the native Louisvillian. Built in 2005, this six-story museum and cultural center features interactive exhibits (a speed bag, for example), two art galleries, and a whole lot of boxing memorabilia. From there, take a stroll down Museum Row, home of the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory and an assortment of other cultural institutions.
From Museum Row, make your way four blocks east to Whiskey Row. Though it fell into disrepair in the '70s, this atmospheric block of Main Street, featuring the largest collection of cast-iron architecture outside of New York, is on an upswing thanks to the development of several residential lofts, commercial spaces, and restaurants. Check out Doc Crow's Southern Smokehouse & Raw Bar, boasting a huge selection of whiskey as well as barbecue and Southern-style cuisine.
"The room and bed were great. Staff and service was excellent. The food was great and we were able to have a quiet and relaxing evening."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 2/2, 2/13-15 and 3/20-23
- Taxes and gratuities are not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • Enjoy By March 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings