Turkish Delights on Turkey Day
Key Tours International • Istanbul, Turkey
- A Seven-Day Trip to Istanbul from November 17 to November 24 or from November 1 to March 15, Including:
- Basic Package: Six Nights at Hotel Olimpiyat Istanbul with or without Round-Trip Flights Departing from JFK, IAD, ORD, LAX, or YYZ
- Deluxe Package: Six Nights at Innova Sultanahmet Istanbul with or without Round-Trip Flights Departing from JFK, IAD, ORD, LAX, or YYZ
- Ground Transportation from Istanbul Airport to Hotel
- Daily Breakfast
- Full-Day Tour of Istanbul with Lunch and Half-Day Tour of Bosporus
- Dinner at a Local Restaurant with Drinks
- All Taxes, Hotel Surcharges, and Entrance Fees Included
- Rate is Per Person Based on Double Occupancy; Single Occupancy Requires an Additional Fee of $240 (Basic Package) or $410 (Deluxe Package)
While Thanksgiving conjures thoughts of pumpkins, pilgrims, and stuffing—it also makes us think of Turkey. The country.
Carve out an extra few days during the week of Thanksgiving and Escape to the Anatolian peninsula, one of the oldest continuously inhabited regions in the world. Spend time exploring Turkey's ancient cultural traditions and get a taste for its vibrant modern side with a seven-day Escape for one guest from Key Tours International ($649 to $1,849 depending on type of package and departure airport*; prices based on double occupancy).
"The skyline here is a glittering ribbon of palaces, mosques, and minarets, but also of sleek skyscrapers, where the sybaritic restaurant and nightclub scene easily rivals New York's or London's," says Travel + Leisure about Istanbul.
Depart from JFK, IAD, ORD, LAX, or YYZ and land in the city that straddles Asia and Europe, staying for six nights at the Hotel Olimpiyat Istanbul (Basic Package) or Innova Sultanahmet Istanbul (Deluxe Package).
After checking in, initiate your expedition to Turkey's largest city at the historic Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque, or Hagia Sophia—all are within walking distance of both hotels. Alas, the legendary city of seven hills, widely accepted as the country's cultural hub, can't be conquered in just an afternoon—a full-day tour with lunch is on the docket, in addition to a half-day tour on the Bosporus.
As you cruise the strait that connects the Black Sea with the Sea of Marmara (and divides Europe and Asia), take note of the wooden summer homes from the Ottoman era and the trendy restaurants that line both sides of the water.
Istanbul is considered a foodie paradise, so gobble, gobble during an included dinner and drinks at one of the local haunts that serves old-school Turkish fare. While those at home are stuck with football and regular turkey for Thanksgiving, you'll have a citywide sensory buffet of Turkish delights.
For additional information, view the full itinerary.
*Basic Package: Without Flights ($649) or With Flights Departing from JFK ($1,299), IAD ($1,379), ORD ($1,409), or LAX or YYZ ($1,599)
Deluxe Package: Without Flights ($899) or With Flights Departing from JFK ($1,549), IAD ($1,629), ORD ($1,659), or LAX or YYZ ($1,849)
"More than Ottoman minarets and beguiling bazaars, Turkey's cultural capital is also fashionable and progressive. Spanning both Asia and Europe and divided by the Bosporus, Istanbul is a beguiling mix of ancient and modern... "-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel November 1 through March 15, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Please book as early as you can, and in any event no later than November 1
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture and $150 for any date changes
- Blackout dates are December 20, 2012-January 7, 2013 and are available for a supplement due at booking; Land portion is additional $340 for Basic and is an additional $390 for Deluxe plus any airfare supplements, please call for packages including flights
- The cost of all airline tickets and airport taxes are non-refundable after a booking is confirmed with Key Tours International
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $240 for the Basic Packages and $410 for the Deluxe Package
- Airline used depends on availability
- Voucher includes daily breakfast, full-day tour of Istanbul with lunch and half-day tour of Bosporus, dinner at a local restaurant with drinks, all taxes, hotel surcharges, and entrance fees
- Voucher does not include passport and visa fees, gratuities to drivers and local guides, meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, personal expenses, optional tours
- Airline tax and fuel surcharges included
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 15, 2013 • Enjoy By March 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 46% savings