Art Deco Opulence on Ocean Drive
Hotel Breakwater • Miami Beach, FL
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Room with Partial Ocean Views, Fridays or Saturdays ($259) or Sundays through Thursdays ($239) Through November 30, 2012
- Or, a One-Night Stay for two in a Room with Partial Ocean Views, Fridays or Saturdays ($299) or Sundays through Thursdays ($279) Between December 1, 2012, and February 28, 2013
- Bottle of Champagne Upon Arrival
- 20% Off Nine Restaurant
- Late 3 p.m. Checkout
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
The breakers! The bodies! The slow-rolling convertibles and neon-lit boulevards! The slouching palm trees and Art Deco hotels! Indeed, Miami Beach is a sight to behold. In the middle of it all, Hotel Breakwater offers a front-row seat to the show that has, over the decades, attracted a who's who of glamour icons to this hedonists' paradise.
Follow Ocean Drive to the blue-and-yellow Breakwater marquee, situated between 9th and 10th streets, where you'll get a one-night stay for two in a room with partial ocean views, Fridays or Saturdays ($259) or Sundays through Thursdays ($239) through November 30, 2012.
Or, opt for a winter getaway: a one-night stay for two in a room with partial ocean views, Fridays or Saturdays ($299) or Sundays through Thursdays ($279) between December 1, 2012, and February 28, 2013. A bottle of champagne, 20 percent off the on-site Nine restaurant, and late 3 p.m. checkout are included in all four options.
Originally built in 1936 and reopened in 2011 after a multimillion-dollar renovation, this 100-room hotel is classic South Beach: The lobby is appointed with terrazzo floors and a huge chandelier, large-scale black-and-white photos line the walls, and angular, minimalist furniture invites idle chatter.
Rooms, meanwhile, are nothing if not modern. A flat-screen TV hangs above a sleek black desk, and a king-size bed is draped in plush white linens. A vase of white calla lilies brightens the already-sunny setting, and a therapist's chaise lounge beckons book-toting guests for a lazy afternoon under the picture windows. Open the opaque glass door to the bathroom to find organic bath amenities next to the rain-forest shower.
The centerpiece of it all: a narrow infinity pool, lined with umbrellas and bikini-clad sunbathers, that overlooks the ocean. After cavorting in the sun, head for dinner at Nine, just downstairs. A classic Italian affair with alfresco tables, Nine makes all its bread, pastas, and burrata in-house.
At night, stroll the Drive and soak up the scene. And if you just can't seem to leave the hotel—the rooftop lounge! the fitness center! the wellness gardens!—well, SoBe it.
For additional information, visit Hotel Breakwater on Facebook.
"It is a seamless blending. In a hotel that offers all manner of high-end 21st-century facilities, Breakwater guests find themselves transported back to mid-20th century Miami..."-- Luxury Life Review
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 3 per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout dates: October 21-26, 2012; December 5-8, 2012; December 25-31, 2012; January 1-7, 2013; February 14-18, 2013; February 21-24, 2013
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Includes resort fee, one bottle of champagne upon arrival, 20% off at Nine Restaurant, 3:00pm late check-out
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • Enjoy By February 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 48% savings