On Cambria's Main Street, a Creekside Retreat
Bluebird Inn • Cambria, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($99) or Fridays and Saturdays ($119), in a Creekside Room
- Welcome Champagne
William Randolph Hearst erected his enchanting castle just 20 minutes from Cambria for good reason: the region's rocky cliffs and shell-strewn beaches give it a majestic air. While you may not have the bucks to shell out for a sprawling mansion here, an overnight getaway is in the cards.
"To many of its visitors, Cambria, Calif., is a find—like some unexpected treasure stumbled upon at a yard sale—a coastal shock tucked between the waves of the Pacific and the Monterey pine forests of northern San Luis Obispo County," says The New York Times.
Situated equidistant from San Francisco and LA in a garden setting on Main Street, the creekside rooms at the Bluebird Inn feature a fireplace (for those cool California nights) and a balcony or patio (for enjoying that evening glass of champagne). From the quiet accommodations, the burbling Santa Rosa Creek can be heard as it flows past the inn on its way to the Pacific Ocean.
Main Street being the hub of this sleepy seaside town, you're within walking/biking distance of restaurants and art galleries. Check out the elephant seals at the Piedras Blancas rookery, which is home to about 17,000 of them. Oenophiles have more than 100 wineries within 30 miles of Cambria to visit, while hikers have trails in San Simeon State Park that lead to fantastic views from the bluff. And, of course, a guided tour of Hearst Castle is a must.
For dinner, stop by Madeline's Restaurant and indulge in an extensive list of boutique wines from Sonoma, Napa, and the Central Coast paired with local lamb, lobster, and fish—a feast fit for a king.
"This sweet motel in Cambria's East Village sits amid beautiful gardens along Santa Rosa Creek; rooms include simply furnished doubles and nicer creekside suites with patios, fireplaces, and refrigerators."-- Read Fodor's Review of the Bluebird Inn
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Credit card and voucher required for reservation
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; cannot combine vouchers to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based on double occupancy; additional $10/night for third adult
- You must be 21 years of age to make reservations
- 11% taxes/resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • Enjoy By April 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 49% savings