The Serenity of Yosemite
Yosemite View Lodge • El Portal, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Up to Four Guests in a Mountain-View Two Queen Room
- Spa Basket
- Complimentary Parking
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Six Nights
Imagine you're in Rhode Island, but instead of bubblers and spas (water fountains and corner stores, in Little Rhody parlance), you're surrounded by burbling creeks and soaring sequoias. That's Yosemite National Park: 1,200 square miles—the same size as Rhode Island—of wild America.
Head just two hours north of Fresno for this week's Escape to the 336-room Yosemite View Lodge, which overlooks the Merced River on the border of the park. You'll get a two-night stay for up to four guests in a Two Queen Room with mountain views at this El Portal resort, plus a host of other perks ($184).
Check in to your room, which boasts a private balcony and a bathtub, for which you'll get a spa basket upon arrival. Take a dip in the indoor pool and head back to the room (with kitchenette) to unwind.
Unlike Rhode Island's brand of wild (think Sunday afternoon at a Providence sports bar), Yosemite screams peace. See for yourself when you head 15 miles east to Yosemite Valley.
And just as Rhode Island is one of the country's oldest states, Yosemite is one of its oldest parks. And for good reason. Imagine stumbling upon the continent's highest waterfall, the iconic Yosemite Falls, or seeing Carlon Falls (a rare year-round waterfall). Rent snowshoes and hike up the Crane Flat lookout trail, which offers spectacular 360-degree views of the landscape below.
In the evening, grab a window seat overlooking the Merced at The River Restaurant & Lounge. One of two restaurants at the lodge, this casually upscale eatery dishes up hearty rib-sticking meals and cocktails with sophistication.
With more than a thousand miles of land to roam, a cozy room in which to unwind, and a babbling brook to lull you to sleep, this Escape is like two days on your very own wild Rhode Island.
For additional information, visit Yosemite View Lodge on Facebook.
"Yosemite is the Taj Mahal of national parks and you'll first encounter it with the same mixture of reverence and awe."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 3 per customer, up to 3 additional as gifts
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Valid for up to 4 person occupancy in the room
- Taxes/resort/gratuity fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Property is pet-friendly
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • Enjoy By March 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings