In Hood River, On the Heels of History
Husum Highlands Bed & Breakfast • Husum, WA
- A One-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays Beginning November 19, in the Alexander, Ashley, Melanie, or Peggy Room ($89)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two, Fridays and Saturdays Beginning November 19, in the Alexander, Ashley, Melanie, or Peggy Room ($189)
- Full Daily Breakfast for Two
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Eight Nights
One of the last hurdles on the Lewis and Clark Expedition more than 200 years ago, the Columbia River Gorge allowed them to pass through the Cascades to the Pacific Ocean, dramatically rising up to 4,000 feet in some places. Today, it's less of a thoroughfare and more of a recreational mecca: Windsurfing, biking, hiking, fishing, and kitesurfing are just a few of its draws.
On the Washington side of this fertile 80-mile canyon, Husum Highlands Bed & Breakfast, in Husum, invites you on a one-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays beginning November 19, in the Alexander, Ashley, Melanie, or Peggy Room ($89). Or, opt for a two-night stay for two, Fridays and Saturdays beginning November 19, in the Alexander, Ashley, Melanie, or Peggy Room ($189). Both options come with a full daily breakfast for two.
Make nice with the innkeepers at this Victorian B&B, surrounded by 20 acres of bucolic countryside. They'll ply you with the likes of rhubarb crêpe and chicken apple sausage with OJ and local coffee. And that's just breakfast.
Between meals, head ten minutes south of Husum Highlands to White Salmon, a small town on the riverbank opposite Hood River, Oregon. There, you'll discover several art galleries, shops and restaurants. Pop in for lunch at Everybody's Brewing, a funky brew pub with about a dozen beers on tap, a menu of seasonally inspired dishes from around the globe, and live music. Several other restaurants in the area have earned shout-outs from local and national media alike, such as Solstice Wood Fire Cafe, named Washington's best pizza by Food Network Magazine.
In Hood River, rent a kayak for a paddle down the river, or go snowshoeing or cross-country skiing at nearby Mt. Adams. A bit farther afield, Mt. Hood (which can be seen from the Alexander Room) offers breathtaking scenic views. And in Klickitat County, you'll find several wineries that offer tours and tastings.
After a grueling day on the trail (by modern standards), cozy up to the fireplace in the parlor, or retire to your clawfoot tub and rest on your pillow-top queen-size bed. Turn on the TV, surf the Wi-Fi, or just admire the view (of Mt. Hood if you stay in the Melanie or Peggy Room).
Set forth on this Escape and get all the glory of the 1806 expedition without mustering the guts of its revered explorers.
"The views from the windows were amazing. The breakfast was terrific. The beds were extremely comfortable and the place was super clean. We would recommend Husum Highlands as a wonderful place to stay overnight or for an extended time."-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Valid for stays from November 19, 2012 through March 30, 2013
- Credit card and voucher required for reservation
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Weekend vouchers limited to 2 per customer, up to 3 additional as gifts
- Up to 4 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based on double occupancy
- Not valid on existing reservations
- You must be 21 years of age to make reservations
- Taxes/resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates may exist, including, but not limited to: Christmas eve and Christmas day and New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 30, 2013 • Enjoy By March 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 46% savings