Beat the Crowds to St. Vincent
Buccament Bay Resort • Buccament Bay, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- An All-Inclusive Five- ($3,750) or Six-Night ($4,500) Stay for Two People in a One-Bedroom Garden Villa with Complimentary Upgrade to a One-Bedroom Deluxe Garden Villa Subject to Availability
- Or, an All-Inclusive Five- ($4,660) or Six-Night ($5,592) Stay for Four People in a Two-Bedroom Garden Villa with Complimentary Upgrade to a Two-Bedroom Deluxe Garden Villa Subject to Availability
- All Inclusive of All Meals, Premium Drinks by the Glass, a Stocked Mini Bar, Non-Motorized Water Sports, Sunset Cruises Once or Twice per Week, and the Kids' Club
- Round-Trip Domestic Airfare from Barbados to St. Vincent
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to Resort
The Caribbean island of St. Vincent, long a hush-hush hideaway for globe-trotters, is getting some serious attention. Specifically from The New York Times and Travel + Leisure, which both tout it as one of the most tempting destinations this year, repsectively naming it one of The 45 Places To Go in 2012 and one of the Hottest Travel Destinations of 2012.
It's easy to understand the hype: St. Vincent has been able to ward off the mass tourism to which neighboring islands have fallen victim. Its unspoiled beaches are a natural advertisement for a bygone era in the Caribbean, long before the cruise ships started anchoring in the harbor.
But that isn't the only reason travel publications are concentrating on this small island, which is actually the biggest of the bunch in the Grenadines archipelago. It's also because Buccament Bay Resort recently opened its doors, making it the first five-star resort on the island, and an all-inclusive one at that.
Escape to the resort for a five- ($3,750) or six-night ($4,500) stay for two people in a one-bedroom Garden Villa with a complimentary upgrade to a one-bedroom Deluxe Garden Villa subject to availability. Or, try a five- ($4,660) or six-night ($5,592) stay for four people in a two-bedroom Garden Villa with a complimentary upgrade to a two-bedroom Deluxe Garden Villa subject to availability.
The exteriors of the villas are a soft cream to avoid competing with the natural tropical landscape, and the interiors are best described as expansive havens, complete with high-vaulted ceilings and shutters that open onto a deck with a private plunge pool. Sophisticated décor, flat-screen TVs, complimentary high-speed wireless Internet, and espresso machines speak to the well-traveled guest (while also whispering "this isn't your typical all-inclusive resort").
After a quick included flight from Barbados, a staff member will meet you at the airport and deliver you to the resort. An unusually white beach (most of the island's beaches are black sand) sits in front of the property, past the two pools, tennis courts, and other amenities.
Almost everything is on the house during your stay, including all meals, premium drinks by the glass, a stocked mini bar, non-motorized water sports, sunset cruises once or twice a week, and the kids' club.
But you'll want to whip out your wallet for a few things, namely: a massage at the ESPA Spa; a private beachfront dinner under the gazebo; and a diving or snorkeling tour with the on-site operator, Indigo Dive.
Other daytime excursions beyond the resort are available for purchase. Book a guided three-mile hike through the balmy jungle, bamboo groves, and cloud forest to the top of La Soufrière volcano. Or, board a catamaran trip to the Old Hegg Turtle Sanctuary on the island of Bequia.
Depending on what you're in the mood for, you'll choose from a food lover's dream spread of cuisines. Safran focuses on spiced curries and Indian fare, while burgers and salads get a creative makeover in a superb ocean-view setting at The Bay Beach Club. At bamboo, outdoor tables are surrounded by—you guessed it—bamboo, and the menu boasts tasty Caribbean dishes and stone-baked pizzas. For fancier fare, Jack's is the resort's fine-dining restaurant.
The only other advice? A $240 million international airport opens next year, making St. Vincent accessible to the tourist traffic that comes with direct flights. Go now.
"St. Vincent remains among the Caribbean’s best-kept secrets: a stunningly lush, unspoiled gem of an island surrounded by water cerulean enough to render that of other islands murky by comparison."-- The New York Times
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; book as soon as possible for best availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 21 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates for the one-bedroom options are December 21-January 4
- Blackout dates for the two-bedroom options are December 19-January 4, February 15-24 and March 25-April 14
- Based upon double occupancy
- Additional adults are $275 per night, children between 2 and 11 are additional $150 per night; paid at booking
- Voucher is all-inclusive of all meals, premium drinks by the glass, a stocked mini bar, non-motorized water sports, and the Kids' Club and includes round-trip domestic airfare from Barbados to St. Vincent and round-trip ground transportation from the airport to resort
- All taxes and fuel surcharges are included
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 15, 2013 • Enjoy By December 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 47% savings