California's Original Vacation Home
Strawberry Creek Bunkhouse • Idyllwild, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($129) or Fridays and Saturdays ($139)
- $25 Bicycle-Rental Credit at Hub Cyclery
- Two Glasses of House Wine at Idyll Awhile Wine Shoppe and Bistro and a Complimentary Appetizer at La Bella Montagna Restaurant
- Combine Vouchers to Extend Stay up to Six Nights
The Cahuilla Indians were onto something special. Long before Idyllwild was included in the Great Towns of Southern California guidebook, this low-key high-alpine resort for in-the-know Angelenos was the vacation home for bands of Cahuilla Indians escaping the heat of the desert floor.
Discover California's original vacation home—known as the Yosemite of the South—with an Escape for a two-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays ($129) or Fridays and Saturdays ($139), at the 16-room Strawberry Creek Bunkhouse, about two hours southeast of LA.
Each forest-view room at this boutique motel boasts a kitchenette, Wi-Fi, cable TV, Barista Bath & Body bath amenities, and a private balcony overlooking the towering pines of the San Jacinto Mountains.
Kick off each morning with a breakfast basket delivered to your door, chock-full of fresh-baked scones and homemade lemon curd, fresh fruit, gourmet oatmeal packets, and 100-percent fruit juice.
Then, pop the cork on a true California experience with an included wine tasting at Idyll Awhile Wine Shoppe and Bistro before continuing to placate your palate with a complimentary appetizer at La Bella Montagna Restaurant.
Bike the popular 17-mile Ramona Trail by using your included $25 bicycle-rental credit at Hub Cyclery. Or, if you're feeling adventurous, you'll want to try world-famous rock climbing at Taqhuitz Rock. Less strenuous pursuits include fishing the pristine waters of Lake Fulmor.
Before you leave, be sure to visit the ancient grinding slabs left behind by the Cahuilla Indians. Some say their spirits still roam the area, which comes as a surprise to exactly no one who's been here—one visit and you'll never want to leave.
"With the pristine mountain décor and warmth of the bunkhouse's hostess, fresh breakfast, high ceilings in the small rooms and the larger cabins, the lodge gives a big bang for the buck."-- iLoveInns.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Up to 3 vouchers maybe combined to extend stay
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Credit card required to hold reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy; normal extra-person charges apply for more than double occupancy
- Children welcome; normal extra-person charges apply for more than double occupancy
- Pets are allowed in designated pet-friendly rooms only; failure to inform property that you are traveling with pets may result in there being no pet-friendly rooms left to accommodate you and forfeiture of voucher
- Upgrade to the Forest Hideaway Cabin available for a $30-per-night upgrade fee
- Upgrade to the Woodland Vista Cabin available for a $70-per-night upgrade fee
- Taxes not included and payable directly to the property upon checking in
- Blackout dates: 11/21-11/24, 12/16-12/31, and 5/24-5/26
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2013 • Enjoy By May 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings