Cruising Tillamook County
Old Wheeler Hotel • Wheeler, OR
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in Room 1, 2, or 5
- Daily Continental Breakfast
- Bottle of Nehalem Bay Wine and Two Keepsake Glasses
- Wine Tastings for Two at Nehalem Bay Winery
- Chocolate Truffles Upon Arrival
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
With its desert-like sand dunes, mom-and-pop shops, and sea-sprayed lighthouses, the Oregon Coast beckons road-trippers. Heed its call at the Old Wheeler Hotel, about 85 miles northwest of Portland and less than three miles from the mighty Pacific.
Constructed in 1920, the winsome yellow building is adorned with dark blue shutters and hanging flower pots. Pump the brakes and step inside, where you'll find your names on the door of your room—just one of the small touches you can expect. Every room is different, but they're all outfitted with carefully selected antiques, comfortable beds, plush linens, and flat-screen TVs with DVD players.
Nestled in between Cannon Beach to the north and Rockaway Beach to the south, the small town of Wheeler (with a population of less than 400) is worth the detour. Trade in your wheels for the waves by renting a motorboat from the marina across the street, or paddle at a more leisurely pace around Nehalem Bay in a kayak. Then, hop back in the car for a trip to Nehalem Bay Winery. "Established in 1974, this winery is known for its Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, blackberry, and plum fruit wines," says Fodor's.
Because there's no greater West Coast pastime than driving down the 101, stop by the extensive Old Wheeler Antiques, which boasts the region's largest selection of Art Deco lamps, after wine tasting. Knowing you've set up camp at the Old Wheeler Hotel means you're free to explore the area that lured Lewis and Clark some 200 years ago for as long as you like.
"Everything about our stay at the Old Wheeler Hotel was exceptional, from the easy check-in and personalized 'welcome' note at each door, to the absolutely gorgeous rooms, ample amenities, and superb staff."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; Less than 7 days a fee of $10 per canceled room-night will be assessed. Less than 72 hours (3 days): Full nightly room rate will be charged.
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Wifi available
- Taxes/Resort fees not included and payable directly to the property
- Upgrades may be booked with hotel at the time of reservation, based on availability
- Additional nights may be booked directly with the property at 20% off standard rates
- This is a 100% non-smoking property
- No pets allowed
- No children under 18
- Gratuity not included (Be nice and tip on the pre-discounted total!)
- Blackouts include November 22 - 24, 2012; December 23, 2012 - January 1, 2013; February 14-16, 2013
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • Enjoy By February 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings