In Memphis, Turning Old Into New
Madison Hotel • Memphis, TN
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Deluxe King Room
- Bottle of Wine and Deluxe Truffles
- Daily Valet Parking, In-Room Keurig Coffee Machine, and Internet
Memphis, the birthplace of rock 'n' roll, is getting its groove back in a big way. Abandoned warehouses have emerged as artists' studios, indie concert venues, and hip bars, and the rising culinary scene is focusing less on buttered and fried, and more on local and seasonal.
Experience a bit of the new along with the classics on an Escape to the Home of the Blues. The ten-year-old Madison Hotel—a AAA Four Diamond-rated property and member of the World Hotels Deluxe Collection—sits in the historic Tennessee Trust Bank building, one of downtown Memphis' first skyscrapers, just a block from the Mississippi River.
Today, the Art Deco lobby and rooftop bar (with, hands down, the best view in the city) ooze Southern hospitality, and the contemporary yet cozy guest rooms boast bold colors and geometric patterns. After undergoing an enhancement last year, the hotel delivers top-notch amenities: an oversize bathroom with a deep soaking tub and rain shower head, Molton Brown bath products, bathrobes, flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations, and Egyptian linens with down duvets.
Stay for two nights in a Deluxe King Room and get a bottle of wine, deluxe truffles, daily valet parking, in-room Keurig coffee machines, and Internet ($299).
Pay homage to Elvis with a visit to Graceland, his well-preserved mansion, followed by a tour of Sun Studio, where the icon laid down his first tracks. Afterward, make your way to the Stax Museum of American Soul Music, a mecca for music enthusiasts.
In the evening, take a dip in the heated indoor pool before enjoying a cocktail and sunset views on the rooftop garden. Highlights on the made-to-share menu at eighty3—the hotel's recently revamped restaurant—include lump-crab-and-shrimp ceviche, grilled oysters, steak frites, and mouthwatering sides of green beans braised in bacon and soy, and Gruyère mac 'n' cheese. Order the signature jalapeño-mint margarita and top off the meal with the oh-so-Southern deep-fried Oreos.
Later, head to the usual suspects on Beale Street, like B.B. King's Blues Club, or take the alternate route and head downtown to Earnestine & Hazel's . Whether you go with the old or the new Memphis, your Escape will be served with a side of serious soul.
"The graceful Beaux Arts architecture belies the bold, contemporary furnishings inside. From the chic lobby, with its grand piano and musical instrument motif, to the rich, solid colors in the guest rooms, it's a contrast between classic and modern."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel November 4, 2012 – February 28, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 11/8-10, 11/16-17, 11/30, 12/1, 12/7-8, 12/28-31, 12/25-26, 2/8-9 and 2/15-16
- Based upon double occupancy
- 15.95% tax and $10.95 standard service charge per room per night will be collected at redemption; service charge covers the daily $10 dining credit, internet access and in-room coffee
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • Enjoy By February 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 41% savings