Pioneering Peace and Quiet in Yosemite
The Redwoods In Yosemite • Yosemite National Park, CA
- A Three-Night Stay for Two in a Bronze ($395), Silver ($485), or Gold ($545) One-Bedroom Cabin
- Your Choice of a Snowshoe, Snow Disc, or Hiking Stick Rental
- Waived Registration Fee
One of the founding fathers of the National Park System, Yosemite found its way into the American psyche in much the same way John Adams and company did. At 761,000 acres, this vast expanse of flowery meadows and sheer cliffs, trickling streams and thunderous waterfalls, has become a symbol of freedom, new frontiers, strength, and self-reliance.
Channel your uniquely American heritage with this week's Escape to The Redwoods in Yosemite, tucked back in the Wawona area about 25 miles south of Yosemite Valley. You'll get a three-night stay for two in a Bronze ($395), Silver ($485), or Gold ($545) one-bedroom cabin, plus your choice of a snowshoe, snow disc, or hiking stick rental.
Add an extra bedroom per each three nights (there are cabins with as many as six bedrooms) in a Bronze unit for $145, a Silver unit for $165, or a Gold unit for $185.
Gold cabins are appointed with new, design-forward furnishings and appliances; Silver cabins are equipped with similar amenities, though minor updates may be in order; and Bronze cabins represent the most basic accommodations—comfortable yet rustic.
Each is fully furnished, and most offer a private deck that affords views of the forest. Oh, and you'll have the chance to do that other most American of pastimes: barbecue. The property's clubhouse offers complimentary coffee, tea, and popcorn throughout the day. While some cabins aren't equipped with Wi-Fi, the clubhouse always is.
And while you can curl up at night in the cozy confines of your cabin, it's the great wide open of the park that'll satisfy your yearnings for freedom. It was Ansel Adams who first captured the imaginations of Americans with photos of the park's most prominent features. But two-dimensional black-and-white pictures hardly do them justice.
Feel the mist on your face during a one-mile hike to the base of Bridalveil Falls, or walk the five-mile loop at Mirror Lake and take in photo-worthy reflections of the surrounding cliffs. In winter, strap on your snowshoes for an eight-mile trek into Mariposa Grove, home of giant sequoias and the iconic California Tunnel Tree.
Chalk it up among baseball, Sunday drives, and apple pie: Yosemite National Park is as American as they come.
For additional information, visit The Redwoods in Yosemite on Facebook.
"This collection of individually owned cabins and homes in the Wawona area is a great alternative to the overcrowded Valley."-- Read Fodor's Review of The Redwoods in Yosemite
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Must book reservations by February 28, 2013
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 1 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 30 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Add an extra bedroom in a Bronze unit for $145, a Silver unit for $155, or a Gold unit for $180
- Not valid on existing reservations or with any other discount
- Based upon double occupancy; extra person fee waived (up to $25/night); roll-a-way bed may be an additional fee
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Some cabins are pet friendly and a $25 per pet, per night fee will be incurred
- Cabin upgrades that are not listed will incur additional charges; credit will be applied from the amount of the purchased value; property takes on Visa and Mastercard for credit card payment
- Blackout dates: November 21-24, 2012 and December 16-31, 2012, inclusive
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 23, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 23, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 23, 2013 • Enjoy By March 23, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 55% savings