Going Rogue in Crater Lake
Union Creek Resort • Prospect, OR
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($129) or Fridays and Saturdays ($149), in a Sleeping Cabin or Small Kitchen Cabin
- Breakfast for Two at Beckie's Cafe
- Bottle of Local Wine
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Four Nights
Up the creek without a paddle? Make your way to Crater Lake National Park, about three hours southeast of Eugene, Oregon, for a soothing Escape to the historic Union Creek Resort.
Follow the Crater Lake Trail to your rustic cabin (take your pick from 24) bordering the Rogue River National Forest. Each is furnished with an en suite bathroom, microwave, fridge, coffeemaker, and bed linens.
Ditch the cell phone in exchange for a stroll through the majestic woods—surrounded by a vast, verdant old-growth forest, you'll be happy to sail through your stay sans social networks. Adjacent to a babbling creek, the lodge sits by a sweet little general store and an old-fashioned ice cream shop, reminiscent of retail from an earlier period. Also included in two-night stays: breakfast at Beckie's Cafe—a generations-old restaurant whose homemade, fresh-baked pies have been known to draw crowds.
Naturally, you can't miss Crater Lake, a former volcanic site and breathtaking expanse that's only 23 miles from the lodge. The deepest lake in the country is a piercing azure in the summer and in the wintertime offers a gorgeous backdrop for cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, and snowshoeing (all of which can be rented from the resort). The gleaming white snowscape will have you meditating on nature's beauty in contemplative silence.
Wrap up the day by curling up in front of the fire in the lodge's game room and opening your included bottle of Crater Lake wine. The cozy cabin and wondrous solitude of the outdoors mean that there's nothing but smooth sailing ahead.
"Practically across the road from the Rogue River Gorge, this rustic resort has been catering to visitors since the early 1900s. In our opinion, it's the best (as well as the closest) lodging option outside the west entrance to Crater Lake National Park."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 2 per customer, up to 2 additional as gifts
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- vouchers include two slices of pie at Beckie's Cafe upon purchase of two lunch or dinner entrees
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based on double occupancy
- Pets are allowed; fees to apply
- Children are allowed in cabins which allow for additional occupancy with a fee of $5 per child per night
- May upgrade to any of our other Cabins subject to availability and payment of upgrade fee; with upgrade, additional occupants may be allowed with an additional fee of $5 per person per night; this applies only to lodging and not the other benefits of the LivingSocial voucher
- Taxes and resort fee of $5 are not included; payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates: November 23-26, 2012; December 22, 2012 - January 2, 2013; February 14 - 18; March 15-23; all major holidays and from June 15th through September 15th
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 15, 2013 • Enjoy By May 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 41% savings