A Slice of Life in Hunt Country
Cheesecake Farms • Sumerduck, VA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Fridays and Saturdays or Mondays and Tuesdays
- Daily Breakfast and Dinner
- Bottle of Virginia Wine and Fruit and Cheese Plate
- Gourmet Picnic Lunch
- Cheesecake, Bottle of Vanilla Extract, and Signed Cheesecake Farms Cookbook to Take Home
Vacation time is always sweet, but like sugary confections, not all getaways are created equal. For the relaxing holiday that you crave, Escape to Cheesecake Farms in Virginia's Fauquier County.
Your stay in Hunt Country will prove every bit as delicious as it sounds when you're greeted with a bottle of Virginia wine and a fruit and cheese plate. For 20 years, innkeeper Karla Seidita brought fame to Fredericksburg with her bakery, Karla's Great Cheesecakes. Like all legends, her cheesecakes live on after retiring to the farm a few years ago. You'll delight in them, among other treats in a culinary cache, at this one-of-a-kind B&B.
Karla cooks with locally raised and produced foods, many of which are grown on her own farm. Her bounty of baked goods is made with unbleached flour, free-range eggs, and creamery butter.
Get to know Missy, Lark, and Frank, your resident equine friends, before taking in a heaping spoonful of horse country, being sure to squeeze in a a trip to Smith's Antiques, a Sumerduck mainstay since 1959. The area is also home to more than 20 picturesque vineyards, some offering tastings and tours.
"Hunt Country is studded with horse farms bordered by stone fences, plantations with elegant manses, picturesque villages, country inns, and fine restaurants," says Frommer's. "Don't be surprised to see rich and famous folk strolling the streets or having a bite of lunch, for some of the world's wealthiest people keep their thoroughbreds here."
Before whisking away, get a whole cheesecake packed for travel, a goodie bag of treats, and a bottle of homemade vanilla extract to take home—precisely the secret ingredients for a piece-of-cake getaway.
"This B&B is terrific! The hosts are warm and friendly and Karla is a terrific cook and baker. There are three horses on the property and I loved the casual, country atmosphere."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations are required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Valid for Friday/Saturday or Monday/Tuesday stays only; nights must be used consecutively
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Includes daily breakfast and dinner, one bottle of wine with fruit/cheese, gourmet picnic, cheesecake and goodie bag
- Children and dogs are welcome for additional fee
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 23, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 23, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 23, 2013 • Enjoy By November 23, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings