5-Day Tour of San Francisco and Sonoma
LivingSocial Adventures Tours • San Francisco, CA
A gateway to local vineyards and leafy vistas, the Bay Area's hilly roads make like the Pacific as they rise and fall from San Francisco to Sonoma. Marked by the buzzing Mission District, Frisco's hip locales cement the city's status as a golden destination, while Sonoma's vineyards draw oenophiles in droves. Sip your way through the birthplace of blue jeans when you Escape on a five-day, four-night trip to San Francisco and Sonoma Wine Country, courtesy of LivingSocial Adventure Tours.
Tune into the sights and sounds of one of San Fran's most historic neighborhoods as you drop into the Radisson Hotel Fisherman's Wharf—you'll kick things off with a night of tapas before being whisked away to Sonoma for tastings at five wineries and two nights at the Hyatt Vineyard Creek in Santa Rosa. On a guided hike through Muir Woods, make it your mission to stand in the shafts of sunshine filtering through the old growth Redwoods.
From San Francisco's cutting-edge culture to Sonoma's world-class varietals, you'll drink your fill of California cool.
- A Five-Day, Four-Night Trip to San Francisco and Sonoma Wine Country, Including:
- Four Nights of Double-Occupancy Accommodations at Radisson Fisherman's Wharf and Hyatt Vineyard Creek
- Welcome Happy Hour and Tapas
- Wine Tastings at Five Sonoma County Wineries
- Redwood Forest Hike in Muir Woods National Monument
- Private LivingSocial Adventure Guide and Van Throughout
- Priced Per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
- Recommended Packing List
Welcome to San Francisco
You'll kick off the trip by making you way to the Radisson Hotel Fisherman’s Wharf, your home base for the first and last night of your journey. Once you've settled into a Standard Twin Room, you'll join your private LivingSocial Adventure Guide and fellow travelers at the hotel bar for a welcome happy hour with tapas.
Sonoma Wine Country
In the morning, you’ll be whisked away to Sonoma. One of National Geographic Traveler's “Best of the World 2012,” the region is home to more than 300 wineries, each marked by thousands of grape vines growing in tidy rows as far as the eye can see.
Later, check into the Hyatt Vineyard Creek in Santa Rosa for a free night to relax. This AAA Four Diamond Award-winning hotel boasts Tuscan-inspired décor, a lavender-lined garden, and an al fresco fire pit—the perfect place for you and your tripmates to gather and swap stories.
Bodega Bay and Russian River Valley
After treating your tannin overload with a restful night of sleep, you’ll travel to the Bodega Bay area and the Russian River Valley. The morning is yours to explore California's scenic side.
"Beyond the tip of the Point Reyes peninsula, the road curves around toward the coastal village of Bodega Bay, which supports a fishing fleet of around 300 boats," says Frommer's. "It's a good place to stop for lunch or a stroll. Several shops and galleries are interesting, but the best show in town—especially for kids— is at Tides Wharf, where the fishing boats dock, unload their catch, gut it, and pack it in ice."
Later, you'll tour the vineyards behind some of California's most famous labels—Kendall Jackson and Korbel, anyone? After thoroughly pampering your palate, return to the Hyatt for a low-key evening of leisure.
A guided hike through legendary Muir Woods headlines the last day of your Cali education.
“One hundred fifty million years ago, ancestors of redwood and sequoia trees grew throughout the United States," says Fodor’s. "Today, the Sequoia sempervirens can be found only in a narrow, cool coastal belt from Monterey to Oregon. The 550 acres of Muir Woods National Monument contain some of the most majestic redwoods in the world—some nearly 250 feet tall and 1,000 years old.”
You'll trek through the damp, shady underbrush of this spectacular forest. It's salvation from the saw is a testament to the pioneering efforts of early 20th-century environmentalists and President Teddy Roosevelt himself. Look carefully and you may find rays of sunlight penetrating the dense canopy to reach the misty forest floor.
Later, your group will gather back at the Radisson to enjoy some free time in the streets of San Francisco before an optional farewell dinner on Pier 39 at Fisherman’s Wharf.
Today marks the end of your Bay Area adventuring. No matter how you decide to get home, you'll take a bit of NorCal cool along with you.
- Signed waiver(s)
- Government-issued ID
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Hiking shoes
the fine print
- For more information about this tour, please see our Detailed Tour Information document: bit.ly/SanFranciscoSonoma
- One voucher is good for one person
- Must be 21+ to attend this trip
- Rooming information MUST be filled out within 7 days of purchase. If you fail to complete Rooming Information within that time, you will be charged the single supplement fee listed in the deal page. In order to be paired with a roommate, you must request him/her at the time of booking. We will not pair single travelers together.
- A refund may be collected within 7 days of your purchase. You may reschedule your purchased event date within that same 7 days (subject to availability) for any reason. No full or partial refunds are given to customers who miss an event. Purchasers will be notified prior to cancelled or rescheduled Tours. Cancelled Tours will be fully refunded. If you can't make the new date of a rescheduled Adventure, you are entitled to a refund upon request
- Waiver available to view here: livingsocial.echosign.com/public/hostedForm?formid=4HFJZ54H795N2B
- Single supplement fee: $300
- All hotel taxes are included
- Provided transportation is required for the entirety of the tour. Driving yourself is prohibited
- Voucher does not include gratuities, insurance, meals and other costs not indicated in the itinerary, other personal expenses
- We strongly recommend that you obtain trip insurance for this tour, as it is invaluable if your plans change and you cannot travel
- Other conditions apply
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms