If You Dream It, You'll Belize It
Almond Beach Belize and Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge • Hopkins, Belize
- A Six-Night Stay for Two (Three Nights in an Ocean-View Room at Almond Beach Belize and Three Nights in a Garden-View Room at Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge) with Hotel Transfers, Including a Stop for Hiking or Ziplining at Mayflower Reserve, and One Day Tour of Your Choosing per Guest ($980)
- Or, a Three-Night Stay for Two Guests in an Ocean-View Room at Almond Beach Belize ($415)
- Or, a Three-Night Stay for Two in a Garden-View Room at the Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge and One Day Tour of Your Choosing per Guest ($490)
- Bottle of Champagne for Guests Traveling in 2012 or from April 16 to December 20, 2013
Why choose between the ocean and the jungle? In Belize, home of the world's longest unbroken barrier reef and a thriving jungle ecosystem, it's easy to do both.
A pair of beach babies will want to spend three nights at the Almond Beach Belize in an ocean-view room ($415), while friends of the forest should opt for three nights in a garden-view room at the Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge ($490). Set amid more than 100,000 acres of pristine wilderness in the Sibun National Forest Reserve, this nine-room lodge offers one included day tour of your choosing for each guest.
Then again, if you can't stand the thought of choosing one over the other, have your cake and eat it too on a three-night stay for two at the Sleeping Giant, followed by three nights at Almond Beach ($980). Also included is one day tour per guest and ground transportation between the two lodges, with a stop for a hiking or zipline tour (additional fee) at Mayflower Bocawina National Park. No matter what option you choose, guests traveling in 2012 and from April 16 to December 20, 2013, will receive an included bottle of champagne.
Your individually decorated guest room at Almond Beach is equipped with all the bare necessities plus a few extras, including Belizean hand-carved furniture and Central American artwork. Since you weren't raised by wolves, you'll enjoy a refreshing shower in your spacious bathroom after a swim in one of two freshwater pools.
The resort is a short boat ride away from the world's second-largest barrier reef. For an additional fee, you can hire the expert guides at Almond Beach for a five- to six-hour snorkeling tour, where you'll encounter as many as 250 species of tropical fish over 200 miles of reef.
In the afternoon, you can head back to the resort for a lunch of fresh-caught seafood at the beachfront restaurant. Then, if your nails look like you've been walking on all fours, purchase a mani/pedi or a refreshing facial at Almond Beach's Butterflies Spa.
At the Sleeping Giant, your airy room is appointed with mahogany furnishings, along with local woods and canes. Regional crafts lend the space a decidedly Belizean feel. And, of course, all rooms are air conditioned and equipped with hot water.
Tours provided by Sleeping Giant are many. Enjoy miles of echoing caverns as you tube through the underground river at Footprint Cave, one of the lodge's most popular tours. Other tours range from the adrenaline-pumping Black Hole Drop to the serene early-morning tropical bird-watching expeditions. You can also try fascinating excursions to Mayan ruins, zip-line adventures, and river kayaking tours. Wherever your taste for adventure lies, you can find it at Sleeping Giant.
After a week in the wild—whether in the jungle, on the beach, or a bit of both—you'll have enough fodder to write your own book on Belize.
"We asked the chef for a good place to have lobster in town. He said 'here' and lobster was on the menu the next night... The available bikes and kayaks were a really nice touch. My favorite part? Taking naps in the hammocks on the beach!"-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel until December 20, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Blackout dates for the 6-day combined trip are September 1 to September 27 inclusive; guests can arrive at Sleeping Giant on September 28 and stay for the 28, 29 and 30, arriving at Almond Beach on October 1
- Blackout dates are December 20, 2012 - January 6, 2013, February 16-24, 2013 and March 23- April 7, 2013
- Additional blackout dates for the 6-day combined trip are September 1 to September 27, 2013 inclusive; guests can arrive at Sleeping Giant on September 28 and stay for the 28, 29 and 30, arriving at Almond Beach on October 1
- All hotels policies apply including cancellation and rescheduling policies: www.sleepinggiantbelize.com/policies.aspx
- Based upon double occupancy; each additional person is $12.50 per person per day (not including taxes)
- Ocean-view rooms at Almond Beach Belize have a maximum occupancy of three; charges apply for additional guest
- Option A includes a one day tour of your choosing per guest during your stay at The Sleeping Giant Lodge, Ocean-View lodging at Almond Beach Belize, Garden-View lodging at Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge including a stop at Mayflower Reserve for hiking or zip-lining (entrance fees not included)
- The following tours require an additional supplement at redemption, Actun Tunichil Muknal, Tube Float and Zip Line, and Tikal Full Day Trip
- Airfare not included
- Voucher includes a bottle of Champagne for guests traveling in 2012 or from April 16 to December 20, 2013
- Additional nights and room upgrade available at each location; subject to availability
- Taxes to be collected at time of booking a reservation; for 2012 service fee of 8% and hotel tax of 9% and for 2013, 8% service fee and 12.5% Government taxes on the room rate
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 20, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 20, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 20, 2013 • Enjoy By December 20, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 45% savings