A California-Style Surf Town on Vancouver Island
Best Western Tin Wis Resort Lodge • Tofino, Canada
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Room
- Daily Buffet Breakfast
- Late 2 p.m. Checkout
Forget about waiting in another Waikiki lineup—according to ancient Tla-o-qui-aht wisdom, a colder climate is the key to uncrowded waves and Tofino is one of the World's 20 Best Surf Towns, according to National Geographic. Hang ten before the totems of British Columbia with an Escape to the Best Western Tin Wis Resort Lodge, an oceanfront property owned by the Tla-o-qui-aht First Nations people.
"Transforming rapidly in recent years from a sleepy hippy hangout into a soft-eco destination town complete with high-end resorts (it's like the Whistler of Vancouver Island), Tofino is the region's most popular outdoor hangout," says Lonely Planet. "It's not surprising that surf fans and other visitors keep coming: packed with activities and blessed with stunning beaches, Tofino sits on Clayoquot (clay-kwot) Sound, where forested mounds rise from roiling waves that batter the coastline in a dramatic ongoing spectacle."
Trade in your board shorts for a body glove to test the water at legendary Mackenzie Beach, where the waves break within view of old-growth cedar rainforest and breaching whales. Other aquatic activities include sea kayaking or canoeing along the scenic shoreline of the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve, while landlubbers can wander the rocky coast on the Wild Pacific Trail. Warm up with a cup of cocoa while watching the swells or soaking away the shivers in the Best Western's outdoor hot tub. This laid-back lodge offers everything you need to enjoy the great outdoors, from exercise facilities to a filling buffet breakfast.
In the evening, head to the Calm Waters Dining Room for contemporary West Coast cuisine inspired by the traditional cooking of the Nuu-chah-nulth people. If the weather holds, don't miss the sunset along Tofino's 22 miles of walkable shoreline—the region is also renowned for its epic storms, which make a perfect symphony to fall asleep to.
"The views of the Pacific Ocean from our bedroom were spectacular, and the sunsets have to be seen to be appreciated. [It was] nice to take an exhilarating early-morning walk along the spectacular beaches before breakfast."-- TripAdvisor
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 1 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Taxes/resort fees not included; collected at property
- Based on double occupancy
- Adults only, no children under the age of 16
- Blackout dates include 12/24-12/31
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2013 • Enjoy By May 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars
- 40% savings