Enchantment on the Central Coast
Briarwood Inn • Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays to Thursdays ($185) or Fridays and Saturdays ($240), in a Queen or King Fireplace Room, with Housekeeping and Breakfast for Two Each Day
- Or, Two-Night Stay for Up to Four ($25 Per Person After Two Guests) in a King Condo or Queen Cottage Any Night of the Week, Breakfast and Housekeeping Not Included ($295)
- Bottle of Wine and Two Keepsake Glasses
- Fine Organic Chocolates
- Afternoon Port and Sherry
Carmel, just south of the Monterey Peninsula on California's Central Coast, got its sea legs as a retreat for painters, poets, actors, and other artists seeking inspiration by the sea. And inspiration they got: Ancient-looking cypress trees stand atop sheer cliffs that plunge into the ocean, with red-and-green bluffs overlooking sprawling swaths of perfect beach punctuated by kites and bounding dogs.
With its ivy-covered cottages and vibrant gardens, The Briarwood Inn, right in the middle of town, sets an equally charming scene. Enjoy a two-night stay for two, Sundays to Thursdays ($185) or Fridays and Saturdays ($240), in a queen or king fireplace room, with housekeeping and breakfast for two each day.
Or, opt for a fireplace-equipped king condo or queen cottage for up to four ($25 per person after two guests) any night of the week at this AAA Three Diamond B&B ($295). Breakfast and housekeeping are not included with this option.
All three packages include a bottle of wine and two keepsake glasses, fine organic chocolates, and afternoon port and sherry.
Your storybook stay starts in the inn's distinctly styled rooms. From rich hardwood walls to elegant floral themes, the accommodations offer private entries, complimentary wireless Internet, full baths, and crackling fireplaces.
Awake to a continental breakfast for two each morning, which includes bagels with cream cheese, fruit, muffins, and other seasonal breakfast items, plus juices, hot chocolate, coffee, and assorted teas.
For picturesque ocean views and a bit of Carmel history, hop onto Scenic Road, which winds its way through town and past a number of noteworthy homes, including a Frank Lloyd Wright house built in 1948. Then, take a leisurely stroll down Carmel Beach's pristine shores.
For a taste of the town's roots, head to the Carmel Art Association, where several galleries are filled with works by more than 120 local artists. The fabled Cottage of Sweets, voted America's number one candy shop by USA Today readers, looks enchanted from the outside, but its delicious confections are the true magic.
Take it from the artists who retreated to Carmel in the early 20th century: This is about as close to a fairy tale as real life gets.
"Briarwood Inn was the secret ingredient in the best vacation I have ever experienced. ... The room was absolutely fantastic! It was very clean, offered privacy, and the amenities were outstanding."-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Credit card and voucher required for reservation
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 1 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift
- Cannot combine vouchers to extend stay
- Vouchers include a bottle of wine and two keepsake glasses, fine organic chocolates, and afternoon port and sherry
- Option A & B include daily continental breakfast for two
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based on double occupancy; extra person fee beyond 2 guests is $25/person/day excluding children 10 and under; maximum occupancy is 4 guests
- Dogs only allowed pending approval upon pet room availability, pet fee of $25/night/pet and rules apply
- For Option C, housekeeping can be purchased for $25/day(includes linen changes, vacuuming, and wipe down)
- Taxes and Fees not included. Tax is 10%, Tourism Fee is $1/night, and the City of Carmel Hospitality Improvement District Fee (HID) is $1/night; payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates: 11/21-11/25, 12/24-1/1, 2/7-2/10, 2/15-2/17
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • Enjoy By March 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings