The Berkshires: A Gilded Getaway
Hampton Terrace Bed and Breakfast • Lenox, MA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in the Room of Your Choice
- Daily Buffet Breakfast
- Two Glasses of Wine Each Evening
- Late 12 p.m. Checkout
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
Oil barons, steel magnates, and railroad tycoons unite! Mogul or not, you're invited to join the ranks of America's most storied families on an Escape to the Hampton Terrace Bed and Breakfast in the Berkshires.
Once the summer home of America's Gilded Age royalty, and in the top 20 of National Geographic Traveler's 2009 list of 133 Destinations Rated, the Berkshires offers a bounty of "picturesque towns, arts offerings, and well-protected natural beauty," the magazine says.
And the 1897 Hampton Terrace, just two hours from Boston and two and a half hours from NYC, sits in the thick of it all. Despite the competition, the B&B is a top-ranked property among 24 Lenox, Massachusetts, inns on TripAdvisor, earning five stars from 90% of reviewers.
Its gilded touches are evident, from elaborate moldings and crystal sconces in the common areas to vintage throw pillows and period furnishings in the guest rooms. Continuously restored since 2000, the inn also offers modern amenities like TV and complimentary wireless Internet. Greet the day with a buffet breakfast for two, which might include Hawaiian coffee with blueberry or buckwheat pancakes, cinnamon or chocolate French toast, scrambled eggs, or sausage and seasoned grits.
Lenox's shops, restaurants, and galleries are all within walking distance of Hampton Terrace and outfitters like Berkshire Canoe Tours offer snowshoeing adventures in the winter, plus hiking and canoeing tours in and around the Housatonic River in the warmer months. You'll also find about seven miles of groomed cross-country skiing trails at the nearby Cranwell Resort, where golf is the name of the game come spring. Rent bikes or snowshoes from Arcadian Shop, browse the exhibits at the Norman Rockwell Museum, or stroll the grounds of The Mount—Edith Wharton's grand estate—and take a tour of Ventfort Hall for a peek into how the one-percenters used to live.
"Our room was absolutely spectacular (beautiful and spacious), and all of our breakfasts were terrific! Stan was an extremely pleasant host."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel until 6/15/13
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- King suites are not included but may be available as an upgrade at check-in for an additional fee
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 15, 2013 • Enjoy By June 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings