A Treehaus on the River in Hill Country
Schlitterbahn New Braunfels • New Braunfels, TX
- A Two-Night Stay for Up to Seven Guests in a Studio Treehaus with One Bathroom ($149)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Up to Eight Guests in a Two-Bedroom, Two-Bathroom Treehaus ($249)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Up to Ten Guests in a Three-Bedroom, Two-Bathroom Treehaus ($299)
A spring-fed stream the bluish-green color of oxidized copper, the Comal River may be known as the shortest river in the world, but on its banks rests the long-on-fun town of New Braunfels. Settled by German immigrants in the mid 1800s, it's an excellent stop-off point for exploring the Texas Hill Country, but it's also home to a thriving German-influenced community and the largest water park in the state, Schlitterbahn.
Each Treehaus Suite at this 180-room resort sits amid the treetops overlooking the river. Appointed with hand-hewn log furniture, wood-panel walls, and log columns, the two- and three-bedroom suites feature spacious living areas, and all accommodations are equipped with TVs and full kitchens with all the basic cooking utensils.
In town, you'll find an interesting mix of Germany and Texas—Gruene Hall, for example, with its 1878 white clapboard facade, is the oldest continually operating dance hall in Texas. A few old-country biergartens punctuate the townscape, and The Gristmill River Restaurant & Bar, celebrating its 35th anniversary this year, dishes up classic Southern and Tex-Mex fare, from fried catfish to tomatillo chicken. Next to the resort, take a gander at three floors of hand-painted ornaments, American folk art, quilts, and holiday gifts at Schlitterbahn's Christmas Shoppe.
Weather permitting, take a stroll by the river in Landa Park. This 51-acre green space features, in addition to plenty of benches and picnic tables, a miniature train for kids, jogging paths that wind through centuries-old oak trees, mini golf, and paddle boat rentals.
"Overall, we love the Schlitterbahn Resort. The service is great and you can't beat the convenience. We will continue to go back every summer."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 2 per customer, up to 2 additional as a gift
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Taxes/resort fees not included; collected at property
- Must be at least 21 years of age to reserve or check into a room, all guests under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Pets are not allowed
- Black out dates: March 8-16 and March 29-30
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 21, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 21, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 21, 2013 • Enjoy By April 21, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 53% savings