Going Dutch in Whatcom County
Homestead Resort • Lynden, WA
- A Two-Night Stay for Up to Four Guests in a One-Bedroom Unit, Sundays through Thursdays ($129)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Up to Four Guests in a One-Bedroom Unit, Fridays and Saturdays ($149)
Windmills, Rembrandt, tulips—the Dutch got it going on. Take in the charm of the Netherlands right here in Washington with this week's Escape to Homestead Resort in Lynden, the Northwest's own slice of Dutch culture.
Just five miles from the Canadian border and less than two hours from Seattle, this recently renovated resort features a fitness center equipped with indoor/outdoor pools and hot tubs, tennis, tanning booths, and modern workout equipment. About 45 minutes east, Mt. Baker Ski Area boasts some of the state's best snow and most challenging terrain. Then again, you're on vacation: Sit back and take in the views of Nooksack Valley, reminiscent of Van Gogh's pastoral landscapes.
With hanging flower baskets, antiques shops, and a 142-foot-long Dutch mural on the building next to the post office, downtown Lynden is equally charming. Dig into the history of this darling town at the Lynden Pioneer Museum, where you can also catch the largest publicly displayed collection of horse-drawn buggies west of the Mississippi.
Or, grab a treat in the Lynden Dutch Bakery, where a staff dressed in traditional garb dishes out Dutch delights like caramel apple pie, white-chocolate raspberry scones, and oliebollen (a Dutch variation on the donut). And while you won't be traveling overseas, you might just need your passport—Vancouver, Canada, is little more than an hour away.
Like Amsterdam's bridges crisscross its maze of canals, this week's Escape spans the gap between the modern madness of everyday life and the Old World charm of Whatcom County. Cross over with a well-deserved two-night stay at Homestead Resort.
"The quaint, Dutch town of Lynden is ideally located for exploring the surrounding region. The cities of Bellingham and Vancouver, BC, are nearby with cultural and recreational offerings including museums and boating."-- Trails.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Valid for travel 12/6/12 - 2/28/13
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 2 per purchaser, up to 10 additional as gifts
- Limit 1 per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation Policy: Once booked reservations are non cancellable and non changeable
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Taxes and fees are not included in the rate and are to be paid directly to the property upon redemption
- Valid for up to four guests
- A $50 refundable deposit if paid with a credit card is due at check in and if paying cash a $150 refundable cash deposit is due at check in
- All units—including decks, lanais, pools, spa and open areas—are smoke free. Ask the Front Desk for the designated smoke areas; $250.00 US fee will be assessed for non-compliance
- No pets are permitted at any VI Resort—including units, parking and common areas; a $350.00 US fine will be assessed for non-compliance
- Children are allowed
- Call Center closed for traditional US Holidays
- Please do not contact the resort directly. All reservations are confirmed through the reservation call center.
- Blackout dates include 12/21/12 – 1/2/2013, 2/15/13 – 2/18/13
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • Enjoy By February 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 55% savings