A Splash of Leisure in the Land of Lakes
Candlelight Inn • Red Wing, MN
- A One-Night Stay for Two in Margaret's Room or the Heritage Room, Sundays through Fridays ($79)
- A One-Night Stay for Two in the Butternut Suite, Queen Victoria Room, or Rose Garden Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($89)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two the Butternut Suite, Queen Victoria Room, or Rose Garden Room, Fridays through Sundays ($218)
- Gourmet Three-Course Breakfast for Two and Evening Appetizers with Wine
Technology is supposed to make life easier, but it often makes it harder to take a break. Retreat to a world where cellphones and email were nearly a century away with this week's Escape to the Candlelight Inn in Red Wing, Minnesota.
Soak up the Old World ambience in the 135-year-old Victorian house, a beautiful reminder of an era before light bulbs, let alone touchscreen tablets. You and a guest will spend one night in Margaret's Room or the Heritage Room, Sundays through Fridays ($79). Or, opt for a one-night stay for two in the Butternut Suite, Queen Victoria Room, or Rose Garden Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($89) or a two-night stay in the same higher-end rooms, Fridays through Sundays ($218).
The inn retains its historical charm with the exquisite stained-glass windows and intricate butternut woodwork. Each guest room features a private bathroom, fireplace and, for when you blow out the candle, luxurious bedding. Of course, if you simply can't resist checking your email, the inn also offers complimentary Wi-Fi.
Like the carefully chosen antique décor, close attention goes into preparing your full, three-course gourmet breakfast, a specialty of innkeeper Lynette Gudrais. Hunger sated, you'll be ready to set out on a hike along the Cannon Valley Trail or cruise on the mighty Mississippi aboard the Pearl of the Lake.
Whether you're looking for a romantic candlelit dinner or something more relaxed, Red Wing boasts nearly 50 restaurants to choose from. Grab a table for two at Harbor Restaurant, Bar & Marina for acclaimed food and a spectacular view of the river.
You deserve a break from your inbox, so leave the smart phone on its charger and take off on this timeless Escape to Red Wing.
"I should have known we'd love the Candlelight Inn from the moment we walked in. Music from the romantic film 'Somewhere in Time' was playing... And what a lovely step back in time it was. The house was beautiful."-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit 2 per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout date(s): All holidays, December 24, 2012 - January 1, 2013; February 8-9. 2013; February 15-16, 2013
- Not valid for Saturday check-in/arrival in the Margaret's Room or Heritage Room
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- For two-night stay, nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 15, 2013 • Enjoy By May 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 43% savings