Cosy Yorkshire Dales Heartland Inn
The George and Dragon Inn • Leyburn, United Kingdom
- One- (£47) or Two-Night (£99) Stay for Two People in Standard Room with Breakfast
- Hot Chocolate Each on Arrival or During Stay
- Two-Course Dinner on First Evening (Two-Night Option Only)
- Bottle of Wine for Guests Dining on Two Course in Hotel Restaurant (One-Night Option Only)
There's no telling exactly how St. George celebrated slaying the dragon—but we like to imagine that he slumped into a chair by the fireplace with a satisfied grin and a tankard of refreshing ale. Revel in your own victory with an Escape to The George and Dragon Inn, in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales.
The 17th-century inn has greeted battle-weary travellers for nearly 300 years; so you can expect a warm welcome at the pretty lodgings. An overnight stay for two will cost £47 (up to a £94.75 value), or a two-night sojourn will be £99 (up to a £205.80 value). Each room is unique—blending modern luxury with period charm including pocket sprung mattresses and Egyptian cotton bedding. Bathrooms feature either walk-in showers or claw-foot baths with underfloor heating and heated towel rails, whilst complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, and slippers will ensure you truly feel at home. Come evening you can relax in front of a real log fire with your included hot chocolate or gaze out over views of Pen Hill.
One victory truly worth celebrating is that of the talented kitchen team; freshly prepared dishes using local suppliers and ingredients. With the two-night option you'll tuck into a two-course dinner each on your first evening; starters such as mussels, chorizo, fennel, and vodka, before moving on to mains such as duo of braised shoulder of lamb and herb crusted rack with guinea fowl breast and leg. Guests staying one night will receive a bottle of wine if they choose to dine in the hotel's restaurant. Still thirsty? The bar serves real local ales from the Black Sheep Brewery and Yorkshire Dales Brewing Company as well as fine wines from all corners of the globe.
The inn lies on the edge of a quaint village close to the spectacular Aysgarth waterfalls featured in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. The breathtaking falls are just a short walk from your base or you can venture a little further and explore nearby Wensleydale and the various walking trails in the famous Dales' countryside.
"The owners are proud to continue a centuries-long tradition of Yorkshire hospitality at the inn, with customers keeping cosy in winter by the fireside."-- The AA
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (Option B must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation - bookings must be made within 30 days of purchasing voucher
- Reservation is subject to availability - stay must be completed by March 31, 2013
- Voucher not valid between 21 - 31 December, 7 - 30 January, and 13 - 23 February
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Multiple vouchers cannot be used over consecutive nights
- Deal based on double occupancy in a standard room
- Upgrades available; subject to availability
- Dogs welcome; £10 charge per night payable direct to the hotel
- Voucher includes Breakfast, Hot Chocolate Each on Arrival or During Stay, Two-Course Dinner on First Evening (Two-Night Option Only), Bottle of Wine for Guests Dining on Two Course in Hotel Restaurant (One-Night Option Only)
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01969 663358 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • Enjoy By March 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings