Well Preserved in Riverside
The Riverdale Inn • Jacksonville, FL
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in the Roosevelt or St. John's Room
- Daily Full Breakfast
- $30 Credit for On-Site Gum Bunch Pub
During the early 20th century, Jacksonville's one-percenters built mansions along the picturesque Riverside Avenue, which others nicknamed "The Row." As one of the last remaining homes, The Riverdale Inn, has a historic air—the original heart-of-pine floors and crown moldings are intact—with modern amenities, such as air conditioning (this is Florida!) and Internet access (this is the 21st century!).
"... thank goodness for preservation," says Frommer's. "Ten period guest rooms are available with antique rugs and furniture, some featuring canopy and four-poster beds and fireplaces, and all with free Wi-Fi connection for those who insist on the true retro-modern experience."
Situated in the Riverside neighborhood, you're five blocks or less from Memorial Park, shops and restaurants in Five Points, the Riverwalk, and The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens, home to an impressive array of American, European, and Japanese masterpieces and English gardens set on the scenic St. Johns River. And it's just a short drive from downtown to Atlantic and Neptune Beaches, where you can surf, hunt for shells, or simply sprawl on the sand.
If you're the type that takes their tea in the afternoon with scones and tiny sandwiches, then you'll want to make reservations for the inn's tea service (an additional fee). And for those that need something stronger than tea, on-site Gum Bunch Pub serves it. In the morning, a full breakfast—which may include omelets, blueberry pancakes, bacon, and fruit—is on the house, and places like Jacksonville Beach and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery wait to be explored.
"Despite its age—more than a hundred years old—the mansion feels pristine and squeaky-clean inside and out. Guest rooms, some with fireplaces, are individually decorated to evoke the turn of the last century."-- Read Fodor's Review of The Riverdale Inn
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 1 week applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 12/28/12-12/31/12 and 11/01/2013-11/02/2013
- Taxes/Resort fees not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 1, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 1, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 1, 2013 • Enjoy By December 1, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings