In Louisville, the Gilded Age is Alive and Well
The Brown Hotel • Louisville, KY
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Deluxe King Room ($185), Club Deluxe King Room ($209), or One-Bedroom Suite ($305)
- Bottle of Red Wine and Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
- Bourbon Flight for Two in the Lobby Bar
- Two Hot Browns and Two Non-Alcoholic Beverages for Lunch at J. Graham's Cafe
- Valet Parking
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
While Louisville may be synonymous with the Derby (and all that comes with it: mint juleps, big hats, and Millionaire's Row) there's a lot more happening in Kentucky's largest city—bourbon! the East Market District! performing arts venues!
Not far from Churchill Downs (three miles, in fact), The Brown Hotel, a AAA Four Diamond and T+L 500 property on the corner of Fourth and Broadway, is a "fixture in the city's history," says Garden & Gun. "From the towering marble-clad main lobby to the antique-appointed rooms, the classic sixteen-story English Renaissance block exudes old-school elegance of the Gilded Age. Given its location near the landmark Palace Theatre, 'The Brown' plays host to more than its share of celebrities, especially during Derby Week."
Ornate hand-painted plaster relief ceilings and decorative crown moldings are still intact throughout the hotel, yet the guest rooms are a lesson in contemporary sophistication: Beds are topped with 310 thread-count Egyptian cotton linens, European white goose down comforters, and a custom-designed throw blanket, and a host of other amenities include flat-screen TVs and complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access. Club Floor room guests have plush terry robes, a dedicated concierge, and access to the Club Lounge, where a continental breakfast, afternoon snacks, hors d'oeuvres, and complimentary beer, wine, and soft drinks are on the house.
And, of course, "A stay at the Brown hotel (right) isn't complete without dinner in the English Grill, the birthplace of the Hot Brown," says The New York Times' T Magazine. "If you can judge a town by its sandwich, the Hot Brown—an open-face turkey sandwich with bacon, Parmesan cheese and Mornay sauce—suggests that the locals are both tart and sassy."
For equine enthusiasts, the Kentucky Derby Museum is obviously a must; kids will enjoy the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory; and others can find their thrills shopping in the Highlands neighborhood, touring one of the distilleries, and catching a show at the The Palace Theater.
"Opened in 1923, this grand-but-intimate hotel has a gilded second-floor lobby that gleams with marble and polished wood. A special Louisville dish, the Hot Brown, was invented here."-- Read Fodor's Review of The Brown Hotel
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 12/28-31 and 1/7-8
- No one under 21
- Taxes and gratuities are not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 9, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 9, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 9, 2013 • Enjoy By February 9, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings