Doing Napa Like a Native
Chablis Inn • Napa, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($89) or Fridays or Saturdays ($104)
- Wine Tasting for Two at Silenus Vintners
- One Bottle of Wine from Solovino
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Two Nights
Experience Wine Country like a local with this week's Escape to the Chablis Inn, set in the thick of Napa Valley just minutes from downtown Napa, St. Helena, and Yountville.
Leave the tour buses behind, and drop into this 34-room property for one night in a Standard Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($89) or Fridays or Saturdays ($104). Rooms are equipped with a king- or queen-size bed, complimentary Wi-Fi, a wet bar, and premium cable TV.
Guests on TripAdvisor relish the Inn's sweet simplicity, calling it the "perfect little place to spend your time in Napa Valley." The staff elicits a lot of love too, with guests commending their "wealth of knowledge," saying "the best part of our stay was the service provided by the Inn's concierge."
Locals don't pay—and they certainly don't wait—to taste wine in the Valley. Make like a Napan with a wine tasting at Silenus Vintners, which includes a flight of three wines for each guest. And because this tasting room stocks bottles from several different wineries, you'll be able to sample a variety of boutique Napa vintages. Ask the staff at Chablis to coordinate an appointment.
Feeling fancy? Treat yourselves to dinner at the highly acclaimed French Laundry (though be warned: It might be the off-season, but acquiring reservations here is still a feat of perseverance and should be done at least two months in advance).
Otherwise, Yountville and St. Helena are gastronomical havens unto themselves. Allow Chablis to set you up with prime reservations at one of the Valley's many celebrated restaurants. Our suggestion? Celebrity Chef Michael Chiarello's Bottega, in Yountville, serves classic Italian dishes with a fresh, local twist.
Or, in St. Helena, reserve a table at Farmstead, where Chef Stephen Barber marries his Southern roots with the farm-to-table approach that's become a staple of Wine Country restaurants.
And lest you think your epicurean Escape was but a dream, you'll leave with a bottle of wine from Solovino. And when friends back home ask where you got it, just tell them you know a little place in Napa.
"[Napa and Sonoma's] vine-covered hillsides—lush green in spring and summer, golden in fall—are reminiscent of Tuscany, and home to nearly 400 wineries (producing mostly Chardonnay, Pinot, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot varietals)."-- Travel + Leisure
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Credit card information require to hold reservation
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 2 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Wine tasting only by reservation, please call winery at 707-299-3930
- Taxes/resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates: December 28, 29, 30, 31, 2012; Jan 19, 2013; Feb 16, 17, 2013
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • Enjoy By February 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings