Through the Kasbahs of Morocco
Gate 1 Travel • Rabat, Morocco
- A 13-Day Trip to Morocco for One Guest on Select Dates, Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from NYC to Casablanca
- 11 Nights of Accommodations in First-Class Hotels
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airports to Hotels and Sightseeing Destinations
- 11 Breakfasts and Four Dinners
- English-Speaking Guide and Entrance Fees
- Sightseeing in Rabat, Fez, Erfoud, Quarzazate, Marrakesh, and Casablanca
- Rate is Per Person Based on Double Occupancy; Single Occupancy Requires an Additional Fee
Mirroring the rattling rickshaws of Marrakesh, Morocco's metropolitan labyrinths rise and fall as they wind through the country's medieval past and trendy present. And while the exotic North African locale is famed for its spices and carpets, a trip to its towering kasbahs reveals a spellbinding selection of charms—just waiting to be discovered. Immerse yourself in a pageant of bohemian mystique with a 13-day Escape to Morocco for one guest on select dates*, courtesy of Gate 1 Travel.
Your flight from NYC touches down in Casablanca where, after transferring to your hotel in Rabat, you'll have the rest of the day at your leisure to stroll Morocco's capital city before getting acquainted with your tour guide. Later, explore the Royal Palace and the ancient ruins of Chellah, the Oudaya Kasbah, and the Hassan Tower—the city is teeming with history.
"Rabat has been the capital since the beginning of the French protectorate in 1912," says Frommer's. "It's a pleasant city cooled by the afternoon Atlantic sea breeze and lacking the general noise and bustle of Morocco's other major cities."
In Fez, after a short bus tour, you'll have time to wander through the city that served as Morocco's capital for more than 400 years. Famous for its tanneries and the Fes el Bali Medina, Fez boasts a distinct culture all its own.
After breakfast the next morning, a journey through the montane cedar woods of the middle Atlas Mountains takes you to Erfoud via Errachidia and the lush Ziz Valley, home to the Ksar Abbar ruins. Later, you'll tour Ouarzazate, a desert city at the gates of the Sahara, and Marrakesh, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
"Marrakesh is Morocco's most intoxicating city," says Fodor's. "Ever since Morocco's Jewel of the South became a trading and resting place on the ancient caravan routes from Timbuktu, the city has barely paused for breath."
Your journey ends with a half-day of sightseeing in Casablanca, where you'll tour the exterior of the Hassan II Mosque, Mohamed V Square, the Habous quarter, and the Notre Dame de Lourdes cathedral. And like its mythical magic carpet rides, Morocco will send you soaring through a whole new world.
For additional information, view the full itinerary.
*Dates: April 4, 10, 11, 18, 25, 2013; May 2, 9, 15, 16, 23, 30, 2013; June 5, 6, 13, 20, 2013; or September 5, 12, 18, 19, or 26, 2013
"A land of spice-scented mystery and medieval kasbahs, Morocco puts your senses on high alert. The country is a magic carpet ride of extremes, from the searing Sahara to the snow-dusted High Atlas Mountains..."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by December 28, 2012
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Voucher is valid for one person only
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name as it is listed on their passport
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $500
- Package penalties include airfare, except when Instant Purchase Airfare is purchased. Instant Purchase Airfares are always subject to 100% penalty in which case only the remaining land package (or other airfares) will be subject to the penalties below
- Merchant cancellation policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture www.gate1travel.com/terms.aspx#CANCELLATION
- Voucher includes round-trip ground transportation from airports to hotels and sightseeing destinations, 11 breakfasts and four dinners, English-speaking guide and entrance fees, sightseeing in Rabat, Fez, Erfoud, Quarzazate, Marrakesh, and Casablanca, airline taxes and fuel surcharge
- Voucher does not include gratuities, insurance, meals not indicated in the itinerary, other personal expenses, passport and visa fees
- All children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult; minimum age for children on escorted or guided tours is 8
- Due to physical constraints and space limitations, wheelchairs, walkers and motorized scooters may not be taken aboard motor coaches, nor are these devices suitable for touring. These devices may be utilized in public spaces such as airports, however may not be used while sightseeing
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 10, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 10, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 10, 2013 • Enjoy By October 10, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 37% savings