Eclectic Escapades in Arresting Austin
SpringHill Suites Austin North / Parmer Lane • Austin, TX
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a King Suite, Friday through Sunday
- Champagne, Assorted Chocolates, and Popcorn in Room on Arrival
- Breakfast Buffet and Parking
- Choice of Early Check-In or Late Checkout
Austin: weird, got it. But beyond that bumper-sticker word association and Daniel Johnston's "Hi, How Are You?" mural, the supreme oddity of this central Texas city is its utter lack of doldrums. Put a skip in your spurs when you dust off your boots at SpringHill Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane and Escape to the Lone Star state's capital city where eccentricity is the happy norm.
"An eclectic pick-and-mix of retro funk and new-age entrepreneurial spirit, Austin's best side is a mystic soup of social consciousness and capitalist development, tattoo-covered artists and internet millionaires," says Lonely Planet.
Stay inside model Marriott accommodations, outfitted with cardio machines, Sealy Posturepedic mattresses, in-suite kitchens, and free W-Fi. Proximity to Round Rock Premium Outlets lets you get your hands on name brands before you grab the 1M bus into the thick of it.
A true Texas football town, gamedays turn the town to orange—even the University of Texas bell tower takes on a jack-o'-lantern hue as the turnstiles spin for Longhorn fans at DKR. Before kickoff, tour the Neo-Renaissance, pink-domed capitol building, where the cannons on the lawn remind you, "Don't Mess."
Downtown swells for big-name bashes, be it world-renown comic conventions or race-car races. Less conventional conventions gather a high concentration of Austinites, while South By Southwest and Austin City Limits remain big as ever (even by Texan standards). However, it's proving grounds like Mohawk and Hole in the Wall where local darlings lay it on the line, preserving Austin's reputation as the Live Music Capital of the World.
After sweating to dance hits with Hollywood B-movies reeling on the walls, you'll welcome the laid-back hip hangouts at Spiderhouse Café, Christmas-light-lit year-round with bathtub madonnas and salvage art to spare. Set pride aside and pick up the mic at Ego's karaoke or quote your favorite movie lines—beer in hand—at Alamo Drafthouse.
For dinner, rack up Texas-style barbecue at Ruby's or Styles Switch. Austin offers limitless takes on tacos, from Torchy's to truck varieties, while "Hey Cupcake!" is the last word—well, two words—on dessert.
"This hotel was so clean, updated and peaceful ... I try to find one hotel that I go to for cities I repeatedly go to. I finally found it with this hotel."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 2 per customer, up to 2 additional as a gift
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Must be 21 with ID to make reservation
- Credit card and voucher number to reserve your room
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Taxes/resort fees not included; collected at property
- Based on double occupancy
- This hotel has a smoke-free policy
- No pets allowed
- Blackout dates include 12/24-12/31
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON January 12, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 12, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 12, 2013 • Enjoy By January 12, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 41% savings