All Things Southern in Columbia
Hotel Zimalcrest • Columbia, SC
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a King Room
- Two Adult Passes to the Riverbanks Zoo and Garden
- Two Adult Passes to the Columbia Museum of Art
- One Bottle of Wine Upon Arrival
- In-Room Fruit-and-Cheese Plate
- One In-Room Movie
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
A capital city surrounded by nature and a food town with a football problem: This is not the tale of two cities, but of one do-it-all town. Columbia brings the best of the South to the dead center of South Carolina—no wonder it's been dubbed The Capital of Southern Hospitality.
And that hospitality all begins at Hotel Zimalcrest, about 8 miles from both the airport and the happening Five Points neighborhood. In addition to a breakfast restaurant and a year-round hot tub, this business-meets-family hotel features a 24-hour fitness facility, high-speed Internet throughout, and a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport by request. Rooms are appointed with all of the standard amenities (private bathroom, daily housekeeping, coffeemaker) but also a few upgrades: flat-panel TVs, pillow-top mattresses, and balconies, to name a few.
Hotel Zimalcrest is also just 3 miles from the Riverbanks Zoo and Garden. With a host of best-of awards under its belt, this dynamic attraction on the Saluda River features everything from the African savannah to the Antarctic tundra, plus landscaped gardens and untamed woodlands in between.
Cross the river and head another 3 miles toward downtown, where the Columbia Museum of Art resides in a renovated department store. Now bright and modern, the museum features 25 galleries that run the gamut of European and American art, from ancient to contemporary times. Most notable are works by Claude Monet and Sandro Botticelli, and there's a small yet shining collection of Tiffany lamps on display.
Walk from there to the Capitol, downtown, the university, and Five Points, where you should reserve a table at Mr. Friendly's New Southern Cafe. One of the best restaurants in town, this 17-year-old pillar of Columbia cuisine specializes in the classics with a foodie twist—think fried yellow grits with herb goat cheese and ham cracklings. For a nightcap, walk down the street to Delaney's Speakeasy, a swanky, dimly lit joint where bartenders clad in bespoke suits mix classic cocktails to a soundtrack of old—often live—jazz.
For additional information, visit Hotel Zimalcrest on Facebook.
"Old as Columbia may be, trendy and collegiate neighborhoods have given the city an edge. The symphony, two professional ballet companies, several theaters that stage live ... productions, and a number of engaging museums keep culture alive."-- Read Fodor's Review of Columbia
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 24 hours in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout date(s): April 7-14, 2013
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Includes one bottle of wine, one in-room fruit/cheese plate, one free in-room movie, two adult admission tickets to the Riverbanks Zoo and Garden, two adult passes to the Columbia Museum of Art
- Nights must be used consecutively
- Be sure to visit the Museum and Zoo website for hours of operation, especially around holidays, prior to making your reservation
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • Enjoy By April 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 51% savings