Warming Up to Harbor Country
Inn at Union Pier • Union Pier, MI
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($209) or Fridays and Saturdays ($258)
- Tour and Tasting for Two at The Round Barn Winery
Lush, ripe, and the most beloved ingredient for muffins and pancakes alike, blueberries grow robustly in southwest Michigan. During the winter months, the state's snow-covered fruit belt provides a sweet and quiet getaway.
Find the cream of the crop in Harbor Country with an Escape to The Inn at Union Pier, 75 minutes from Chicago and steps from the shores of Lake Michigan.
Rooms at this charming B&B are appointed with Danish and Swedish furniture and antiques, and some feature wood-burning fireplaces and private porches. Savor seasonal fare each morning, including gourmet dishes like a Mediterranean frittata with roasted rosemary red potatoes, blueberry streusel muffins with fresh fruit, and cream cheese-stuffed pumpkin pancakes served with sausage or bacon. After breakfast, explore nearby Warren Woods State Park, which features hundreds of acres of oak and maple trees, plus an expansive network of cross-country skiing trails.
Later, polish off a couple glasses of vino during a self-guided tour and tasting at The Round Barn Winery. Sample scores of "best cellars," including a lively red demi-sec (a slightly sweet wine with red berry fruit and cherry aromas), black currant dessert wine, or an earthy Cabernet Sauvignon.
Back at the inn, devour the famous oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with a mug of hot cocoa before taking a dip in the outdoor hot tub under the stars. Then, enjoy complimentary Michigan wine and popcorn in the Great Room.
In the evening, tuck into dinner at Timothy's Restaurant, nestled in a woodsy nook in Union Pier. Wrap up the night with an indie flick at nearby Vickers Theater before indulging in the best treat—a peaceful night's sleep.
For a getaway that thrills with the bounty of good eats, Escape to Lake Michigan and The Inn at Union Pier.
"The inn has a great location on a quiet street with a two-minute walk to the beach. Bill and his staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was excellent, and there were a lot of special touches—such as Michigan wines and popcorn each evening."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout date(s): February 14-17, 2013
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2013 • Enjoy By March 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings