A Cozy Winter in the Woods by Squam Lake
Inn On Golden Pond • Holderness, NH
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Deluxe Room ($215) or a Suite ($260)
- Full Home-Cooked Breakfast Each Morning
- Fireside Evening Dessert with Coffee or Tea
- Inn on Golden Pond Breakfast Cookbook
- Nightly Turndown Service
Downhill skiing, sleigh rides, snowmobiling, sled-dog races, cross-country skiing—the Lakes Region of New Hampshire is hardly a summer-only destination. Situated in the foothills of the White Mountains on the banks of Squam Lake, Holderness affords visitors the best of the Lakes Region no matter the season.
At the 25-year-old Inn On Golden Pond, an eight-room country-style B&B built in 1879, you'll be surrounded by 50 acres of classic New England forest, a soft blanket of snow providing a placid hush over the property. Deluxe rooms could almost be mistaken for suites—they're that big. Each one is appointed with tasteful furnishings from a bygone era, with cozy quilts covering the queen-size beds and pristine hard wood bedecking the floors. Crack a book in one of the reading chairs and enjoy the natural light from the large picture windows. The two extra-large suites feature two rooms: a bedroom with a king-size bed and a sitting room with a couch and coffee table.
Gather round the diningroom table in the morning for a buffet-style breakfast, which includes fresh-brewed coffee along with home-baked breads and muffins, homemade jam, and a variety of delicious house specialties. You'll get your own private table, but now's a good time to get tips and suggestions, from your fellow travelers as well as the innkeepers, for your days ahead.
Our pick? Head to one of several nearby ski resorts, all within 45 minutes of the inn. Cannon Mountain, Waterville Valley, and Loon Mountain are tucked away just north in White Mountain National Forest, home of some of the best downhill in the state. Cannon Mountain also features an interesting museum about New Hampshire's history of skiing (it's the state sport, after all). Dogsledding is also a popular wintertime activity in New Hampshire; head about 15 minutes west to Barking Brook Sled Dog Adventures and "mush!" your way through the woods.
Dinner in Holderness offers a few classic American options, and the town of Plymouth, less than ten miles away, dishes up a variety of good eats. Try Six Burner Bistro, a casually upscale restaurant set in an 1850s farmhouse that serves New American cuisine—made with fresh, local ingredients—beside a cozy fireplace.
"We couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable experience. Once we arrived, Bonnie provided a tour of the Inn and made us feel right at home. The breakfast served each morning was substantial and delicious."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel 1/1/13-4/30/13
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 1/25-26, 3/22-23, and 4/5-6
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • Enjoy By April 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 46% savings