Serenity in Small-Town Connecticut
Griswold Inn • Essex, CT
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($109) or Fridays ($129)
- Bottle of Private-Label Griswold Wine
- Continental Breakfast for Two
Like a good family recipe, the best vacations are steeped in tradition and full of flavor. Spice up your next getaway at The Griswold Inn in Essex, Connecticut, one of the oldest continuously operated inns in the country and a property well-seasoned in the art of hospitality.
This 33-room inn, hailed by New York Magazine as "the real McCoy," is situated right on Main Street of this quintessential New England town. Rooms are appointed with antique furnishings, including four-poster beds and fine reproductions, with views of charming village life peeking through picture windows. Cozy up to the fireplace at the on-site Tap Room, featured in Esquire's Best Bars in America list.
During the day, savor the shopping on Main Street, or get a dose of culture at the Florence Griswold Museum of American Impressionism. Catch a performance at the Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center, indulge in one of the first-rate services at the Spa of Essex, or just relax with a book by the fire in the inn's common room.
Come dinnertime at the inn, let your taste buds simmer over a selection of seasonal dishes such as seared Stonington sea scallops, braised short ribs of beef, or the signature harvest-Riesling fondue. Wash it down with a selection from the inn's award-winning wine list or a pint of the signature Revolutionary Ale.
You've got all the ingredients for a great Escape––all you need to do is fire up your burner.
"Charm, comfort, flawless service, delicious cuisine and absorbing local history are the order of the day in this elegant monument to New England history a short drive from New York City. It's a "must-do" for locals and visitors alike."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel 1/2/13-3/29/13
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 1 week applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout date is 2/17/13
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 29, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 29, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 29, 2013 • Enjoy By March 29, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings