Fantasy, Adventure, and Treasure in Vermont
GreenMountainVermont.com • West Dover, VT
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Lodge Room ($267) or a Standard Inn Room ($327)
- Registration for Two to the 2013 Green Mountain Adventure Challenge
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Daily Trail Lunch for Two (Water, Sandwiches, Fruit, and Snacks)
- Adventure Kit for Two (Tote Bag, Bug Spray, Water Bottles, T-Shirts, and More)
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
Vermont's Deerfield Valley has always been a diamond in the rough. Few realize that some of the country's best hiking, biking, kayaking, and other outdoor adventures lie nestled in the mountains here, just three hours from Boston and four hours from New York. But a diamond in the rough is one thing—hidden treasure is a whole other. Here, in the towns of Dover and Wilmington, a rich history awaits discovery, and this year's Green Mountain Adventure Challenge—a mental and physical adventure through time to uncover Major General John Stark's lost fortune—will serve as your compass.
Settle in to your choice of accommodations, courtesy of GreenMountainVermont.com. You'll have 14 properties* to pick from, including the 12-room West Dover Inn, built in 1846, and the amenity-rich Lodge at Mount Snow. Each is situated within striking distance of the treasure and offers breakfast for two in the mornings to help fuel your way to finding the hidden fortune. (Don't worry: The hunt is not a race for first place, and participants have from May 1 to September 15 to decipher the clues and find the booty.)
Upon arrival, guests will receive a copy of a long-lost love letter written by General Stark to his wife, Molly. The General, a trusted friend of George Washington, amassed a secret fortune that, legend has it, is hidden in the mountains and valleys of Southern Vermont. Contained within his note is a clue, which you'll use to search around town for the code that deciphers the map on the back of the letter. The map leads to three locations, each with clues leading to the final three pieces of the General's hidden lost fortune. All clues, maps, and codes are hidden in plain sight—in a bar or on a bridge around town, perhaps. It's up to you to decipher them and uncover the treasure.
And while you might find all the objects and win that cash prize, the real winner is the Dana Farber Jimmy Fund, which receives $20 of each entry fee.
*Participating lodges: Matterhorn, Big Bears Lodge, Lodge at Mount Snow, Gray Ghost Inn, Nordic Hills Lodge, and Kitzhof Inn
Participating inns: West Dover Inn, Deerfield Valley Inn, Inn at Mount Snow, Cooper Hill Inn, Snow Goose Inn, the Inn at Sawmill Farm, Four Seasons Inn, and the White House Inn
For additional information, visit GreenMountainVermont.com on Facebook.
"Cross into the Green Mountain State from Massachusetts on Interstate 91, and you might feel as if you've entered a new country. There isn't a town in sight. What you see are forested hills punctuated by rolling pastures..."-- Read Fodor's Review of Southern Vermont
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel May 1 - September 15, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- No refunds due to weather
- Based upon double occupancy
- Offer valid based on availability at the participating properties listed
- Participating Lodges are Matterhorn, Big Bears Lodge, Lodge at Mount Snow, Gray Ghost Inn, Nordic Hills Lodge and Kitzhof Inn
- Participating Inns are West Dover Inn, Deerfield Valley Inn, Inn at Mount Snow, Cooper Hill Inn, Snow Goose Inn, the Inn at Sawmill Farm, the White House Inn and Four Seasons Inn
- Voucher also includes Adventure Kit for two (one tote bag, water bottles, T-Shirts, and More) and a bottle of bug spray
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 15, 2013 • Enjoy By September 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings