Channeling Our Forefathers in Virginia
The Founders Inn and Spa • Virginia Beach, VA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Colonial Room ($80), Junior Suite ($92), or One-Bedroom Suite with Parlor ($107)
- $25 Spa Credit
Stepping onto the sprawling grounds of The Founders Inn and Spa, you'd be forgiven for thinking you were at the wrong place—palatial yet humbly named, the property is less of an inn than it is an estate. But an apt tribute to its namesake Founding Fathers? It is most certainly that.
Set on 16 acres in Virginia Beach, the Georgian-style hotel is fronted by fountains and perfectly trimmed hedges, and decorated inside with Oriental rugs, chandeliers, and large framed paintings of John Adams, James Madison, and the like.
And with this Escape, you'll get a healthy helping of 18th-century elegance, but don't expect white-gloved butlers and classically trained string quartets. With festive seasonal decorations and the ultra-modern Flowering Almond Spa, The Founders Inn is anything but stuffy. Check into your newly renovated room, featuring Kingsdown pillow-top mattresses, and flip on the 42-inch flat-screen TV or surf the Internet with complimentary Wi-Fi.
When you aren't splashing in the indoor pool or pampering yourself in the spa, head 20 minutes east to the Virginia Beach Boardwalk, or make the hour-long drive north to historic Williamsburg, Jamestown, or Yorktown.
And when colonialist undertakings leave you famished, sate your appetite back at the inn. The Hunt Room, a contemporary-casual eatery with a pool table and large TVs, serves a variety of soups, artisanal sandwiches, and brick-oven pizzas, plus beer and wine. Upscale offerings abound at the award-winning Swan Terrace Restaurant, set on the outdoor brick patio and serving locally sourced fruits and veggies, seafood, prime meats, and a sommelier-selected list of wines.
With three restaurants, an award-winning spa, and décor fit for the White House, The Founders Inn and Spa is unlike any inn you've seen. The hospitality, however, is as warm as a country bed and breakfast—homemaker Martha Washington would definitely approve.
"We stayed at the Founders for the first time and were thoroughly delighted... It's a top quality property: Egyptian cotton, great mattresses, nicely appointed rooms, very nice foyer, and excellent food."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout date(s): March 17, 2013; March 21-23, 2013; April 21-25, 2013; April 28-30, 2013; May 3-4, 2013; July 4-6, 2013; August 30-31, 2013; September 1, 2013
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- $25 Spa Credit can be used all times on weekdays Sunday through Thursday and Fridays and Saturdays after 3:00pm only and toward the purchase of the following Fall menu items: scrubs, wraps, pedicures, manicures. This spa credit is a per room per day credit, not a per person credit
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2013 • Enjoy By May 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings