The Cream of the Crop on California’s Coast
Simpson House Inn • Santa Barbara, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($575) or Fridays and Saturdays ($699), in the Abbeywood Cottage, Greenwich Cottage, Weathervane Room, or Tack Room
- Daily Gourmet Breakfast
- 60-Minute In-Room Spa Treatment
You won't need to be reminded to stop and smell the roses at the Simpson House Inn in sunny, postcard-perfect Santa Barbara, California. The boutique hotel is nestled behind tall hedges on an acre of quaint English gardens, and the AAA Five Diamond award-winning B&B (the only one in North America) is anything but garden-variety.
"While the Simpson is pretty grand, with French antique armoires, wood-burning fireplaces, and an acre of flowering gardens, it still feels like a home" says Concierge.com. "There are 15 rooms and suites—spread out among the main house, four garden cottages, and four rooms in the original carriage house—featuring private patios, stone fireplaces, and English country décor."
Soak up the gorgeous weather and take a hike on the Rattlesnake Trail, or borrow one of the inn's bikes and peddle the two-mile coastal pathway. Head down to one of the charming cafes on State Street before hopping on the trolley to Stearns Wharf, where you can take a stroll on the beach. Then, return to Simpson House for some downtime, an in-room spa treatment, and afternoon refreshments. Mediterranean-inspired hors d'œuvres and wine are served between 5:30 and 6:30 p.m., and are a nice precursor to a sunset cruise with the Santa Barbara Sailing Center and dinner in town, followed by a complimentary dessert at the inn.
The next day, awaken feeling fresh as a daisy, and savor a gourmet breakfast outside, in your room, or in the antique-filled main dining room. Oenophiles will want to visit a number of wineries in the area and taste the vino that springs from local soil, while shoppers can get their fill at Paseo Nuevo or El Paseo.
"The rooms have everything you could possibly need, but most impressive are the extras: the gourmet Mediterranean hors d'oeuvres and Santa Barbara wines served each afternoon, the video library, and the gourmet breakfast (delivered on delicate china)."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Taxes/resort fees not included; collected at property
- Based on double occupancy
- Blackout dates include 12/23-12/31 & 2/14-18
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2013 • Enjoy By February 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 40% savings