A Diamond in the Rocky Mountain Rough
Tudor Rose Bed & Breakfast & Chalets • Salida, CO
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in the White Water Room, Blue Room, Lancaster Room, or Ponderosa Room, with Upgrade to the Henry Tudor Room or Queen Elizabeth Room Available Upon Booking ($99)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Private Chalet ($185)
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
Surrounded by more than a dozen peaks that top out above 14,000 feet, Salida is worth the trip for the views alone. But there's much more to this under-the-radar town in south-central Colorado. Outside Magazine named it one of the Best Towns of 2004 for its "thriving arts scene, century-old crackerbox cottages, two whitewater play holes just steps from downtown, and a municipal pool filled with hot-spring water." Meanwhile, U.S. News & World Report called it a top spot for retirees, and The New York Times gave Salida a shout-out for its mild climate and outdoor recreation.
About three hours south of Denver and just 20 minutes from Monarch Mountain, the Tudor Rose Bed & Breakfast & Chalets serves up a quintessential Salida experience. Set on 37 acres of pinyon pine with five private chalets nearby, the 4,700-square-foot estate—a grand oak staircase with a waterfall at its center—is divided into six guest rooms. Each one comes with mountain views and is appointed with a king or queen bed, elegant wood furnishings, TV, and a private bathroom. A communal hot tub, surrounded by the sky-scraping Mosquito Range, awaits on the deck out back.
Meanwhile, the chalets feature 20-foot vaulted ceilings and are appointed with rough-hewn log railings, rich leather furnishings, and a full kitchen. Each unit can accommodate up to six guests ($20 per person after the first two guests) with three bedrooms and two bathrooms complete with linens. And what's a Rocky Mountain getaway without a fire? Each chalet is also equipped with a hearth for those cozy Colorado nights.
When you're not schussing the slopes of nearby Monarch Mountain—fit with five lifts and 63 trails—or exploring the backcountry by snowmobile, head into town to peruse what author John Villani called one of the 100 best small art towns in America in his book by the same name. The largest historic downtown district in Colorado boasts no fewer than 20 art galleries showcasing locally crafted jewelry, pottery, paintings, and more—no small feat for a town of 5,500 people.
And for dinner, try Laughing Ladies Restaurant, which, in addition to a surprisingly robust wine list, serves a hearty selection of creative, upscale dishes like duck eggrolls with wild mushrooms and house-made jalapeño dipping sauce.
"We had a fantastic stay in the Lancaster Room. Friendly hosts, comfortable bed, lovely bathroom, and great breakfasts. It was nice to be so close to town..."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Option A: Upgrades to Henry Tudor and Queen Elizabeth available; please inquire at time of reservation
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Stay must be completed by: May 23, 2013
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout date(s): December 20, 2012 - January 6, 2013; January 18-21, 2013; February 15-18, 2013; March 8-23, 2013
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- Option B: Pet-friendly and ADA-compatible Chalets available; Dogs are an additional $10/night
- No indoor smoking or outdoor fires allowed
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 23, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 23, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 23, 2013 • Enjoy By May 23, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 51% savings