A Bohemian Break in Baja
Hacienda Cerritos • Todos Santos, Mexico
- A Four-Night Stay for Two in a Private Suite or Bungalow ($598)
- Or, or Six-Night Stay for Two in a Private Suite or Bungalow ($799)
- Combine Two Vouchers to Extend Your Stay
The artsy, surfy yin to Cabo's party-all-night yang, the Baja town of Todos Santos boasts at least a dozen galleries and surf breaks that rival the North Shore of Oahu, drawing sophisticated, bohemian travelers in search of good waves, authentic Old Mexico flavor, and a laid-back crowd. The former sugar capital of Baja, named one of the Best Secret Beaches on Earth by Travel + Leisure, is awash with palms and cacti and lies about 50 miles north of the margarita funnels and spring break central.
Situated on five acres directly above Cerritos Beach and its world-renowned surf, Hacienda Cerritos boasts both suites and bungalows. The former have large private terraces, while bungalows have a living room, kitchenette, and private pool and Jacuzzi; all accommodations have king beds and free Internet access. The mansion-cum-boutique hotel offers numerous areas for guests to gather: swim up to the bar in the infinity pool, work up a sweat in the ocean-view fitness center, seek shade on the poolside terrace, watch the sunset from the rooftop terrace, and order a libation (or two) in the Spanish Lounge.
Just below the hotel sits Cerritos Beach, where surfboards bob in the warm, clear water. The Cerritos Beach Club & Surf, only steps away, has a popular restaurant with live music and offers surfing lessons; surfboard and bodyboard rentals; horseback riding and fishing trips; and ATV rentals. In the afternoon, go for a hike in Sierra de Laguna Nature Preserve before settling in for a massage in your room, on the beach, or underneath the cliffside palapa.
Later, order a margarita and watch videos of pro-surfers on the screen at La Esquina, a local watering hole serving cafe fare sprinkled with fruit and vegetables grown in the backyard. Unlike many towns in Mexico, you don't have to steer clear of the fresh produce here—many of the restaurants source bananas, mangoes, papayas, avocados, and chili peppers from nearby farms.
In the one-traffic-light town, view artwork by accomplished Mexican and American artists at Galeria de Todos Santos, browse books at El Tecolote Libros, and check out the pottery, folk art, and silver jewelry at a few boutiques. If you haven't already filled up on fish tacos from one of the tempting stands, then try Café Santa-Fe (Italian and recommended by The New York Times) or Miguel's (authentic Mexican cuisine served under a palapa).
Mix the town with miles of empty beach and gnarly waves, and it's no wonder so many creative expatriates choose to call this sleepy Baja town home.
"The artist colony of Todos Santos is way cooler in both temperature and temperament than the Margaritaville of Cabo San Lucas. Pacific breezes stir up rough and tumbling waves that have made this kicked-back community a surfer’s haven."-- Travel + Leisure
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes of 14% are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON January 2, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 2, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 2, 2014 • Enjoy By January 2, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 62% savings