Fresh Powder and Privacy in the Berkshires
1896 House Inn & Country Lodgings • Williamstown, MA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Barnside Luxury Suite, Sundays through Thursdays ($259) or Fridays and Saturdays ($299)
- Daily Candlelit Breakfasts for Two
- Bottle of Wine
- Four-Course Dinner for Two
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
It's no surprise that Williamstown inspires nostalgia for the small towns of yesteryear. The tree-lined streets, quaint nineteenth century buildings, and mountain backdrop look almost too good to be true. Good thing for you, this quintessential New England hamlet is the real deal: see for yourself when you Escape to the 1896 House Inn & Country Lodgings in Williamstown, Massachusetts.
By the time you pull up to the 1896 House on the scenic road leading into town, you'll feel like you've entered your own private retreat. The imposing oak and maple trees almost urge you to slow down and take in the scenery, while the Berkshire Mountains muffle the din of the world beyond.
Set the tone of your visit with some alone time in your Barnside Luxury Suite, housed in a lovely whitewashed building with a gracious porch. Ease into your king bed as flames crackle in the fireplace—or better yet, take a relaxing soak in your private jacuzzi.
After a restful sleep, winter sports fans can hit the slopes at nearby Jiminy Peak (rated one of the top-ten ski resorts on the East Coast by readers of SKI magazine), while countless hiking trails in and around the mountains offer the promise of snow-silenced seclusion.
In addition to Williams College Museum of Art, two top-caliber art museums are within ten minutes of the inn: the Clark Art Institute and Mass MoCA, one of the largest contemporary and performing art museum in the U.S.
Cap off your day with a four-course dinner for two at the inn's 6 House Pub, offering a warm and welcoming environment and a menu of comforting favorites ranging from casual to upscale. If you long to return to a simpler time, consider this Escape in the not-too-distant future.
"The 1896 House Country Inn sits in the mountain's shadow on a 17-acre estate dotted with Adirondack chairs, where guests can sit and take in the view of the lush countryside. The six B&B suites found in the renovated barn are lavishly decorated."-- 1,000 Places to See in the United States and Canada Before You Die
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel until 5/23/13
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 12/21-31, 1/18-20, 2/15-23
- Based upon double occupancy
- No children under 12
- No pets permitted
- Room taxes of 11.7% are not included and will be collected at redemption
- 7% dinner taxes and 18% gratuity not included, and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 23, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 23, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 23, 2013 • Enjoy By May 23, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 47% savings