Wintery Riverfront Treats in a Suffolk Market Town
Mill Hotel • Suffolk, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two People in Superior Room with Daily Breakfast
- Afternoon Tea
- Wine if Dining in Hotel Restaurant on Either Evening
- Late 2 p.m. Checkout
In the 18th century, the success of landscape and portrait artist Thomas Gainsborough immortalised Sudbury—a hitherto unassuming Suffolk market town on the banks of the River Stour. Tug on your wellingtons, embrace the winter chill with a blustery stomp in the fresh country air, and stop by a traditional Christmas craft market as you discover the historic civil parish for yourself—all courtesy of this week's Escape to the sumptuous Mill Hotel.
You and your other half will kick off your muddy boots in a lavish superior room at the rustic-luxe venue for two nights for £119 (up to a £348.78 value). You'll warm up after your country walk with a hot soak in the bath, before sinking into your double bed and relaxing in front of your large flat-screen television, or planning tomorrow's itinerary with the help of the complimentary Wi-Fi.
There's no need to source your own local produce when you can get stuck into it at the Riverside Restaurant: a traditional afternoon tea with finger sandwiches, scones with preserves and cream, and homemade cakes is included on the first day of your stay, as is a full English breakfast each morning and a bottle of wine if you dine at the eatery on either night.
As you wrap up and step out into the invigorating air, you'll appreciate not only the first-hand views of Gainsborough's pastoral scenes, but the skills of other locals at the reams of festive craft fairs and workshops across the county throughout November and December. Alternatively, wade further back into the history of the area with a visit to the National Trust's 17th-century Sudbury Hall and Museum of Childhood—simultaneously a decadent ancient manor and an enchanting woodland playground. The hotel's close proximity to Colchester and Bury St Edmunds also affords additional opportunities for local exploration.
This Escape is for two people. The hotel is a short walk to Sudbury Train Station and approximately a 30-mile drive to Stansted Airport.
"Located in the centre of the Stour Valley, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Sudbury is an ancient market town dating back to Saxon times."-- Visit Suffolk
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservation is subject to availability - stay must be completed by April 30, 2013
- Voucher not valid between 24 - 26 Dec, 31 Dec, and 1 Jan,
- There is no availability on any Saturday in Nov or Dec
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Multiple vouchers cannot be used over consecutive nights
- Deal based on double occupancy in a Superior Room
- Voucher includes Daily Full English Breakfast, Afternoon Tea for Two, Wine if Dining in Hotel Restaurant on Either Evening, and Late 2 p.m. Checkout
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01787 375544 or email email@example.com prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • Enjoy By April 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 66% savings