Rise with the Golden Sun in Denmark
The Denmark Waterfront • Denmark, WA
- Two nights ($199, value $476) or three nights ($289, value $656) in a Studio Unit for two at The Denmark Waterfront
- Complimentary bottle of red and white Rickety Gate wine on arrival
- In-room continental breakfast on your first morning
- 12pm late check-out
- Snowy white beaches, thick forest canopy, secluded coastal walks and delicious local gourmet delights
- Tipple among the many wineries of the area
- Limited weekend availability - so book fast!
While Northern Europe's Kingdom of Denmark may boast an undeniably spectacular history, Western Australia's very own paints an equally fabulous tapestry when it comes to the awe-inspiring and stunning natural beauty that this coastal town calls home.
Located a secluded 405km south-south-east of Perth (approximately 4.5 hours in the car), Denmark WA is an ideal holiday destination if you're looking to seriously escape. Just over halfway between the Valley of the Giants and Albany, you'll find peaceful coastal walks, lush green canopy, delicious cuisine, friendly locals and sandy white beaches where the rainforest meets the ocean water.
The thoroughly comfortable, clean and convenient Denmark Waterfront itself is surrounded by huge karri trees and sits by the lapping waves of the Wilson Inlet; a large body of water fed by both the Denmark and the Hay River that offers glistening views below the golden sun, as well as a wealth of flora, fauna and fish from pink snapper to the Sandy Sprat.
Fishing is of course very popular in the region and your accommodation provides a perfect base for any keen angler. However, the Denmark Country Club is but a five-minute drive away if you take your sport with a pinch more speed and a lot less wet. Of course, why do anything more than wander hand-in-hand through the town with delicious local ice-creams to taste and wines to sip?
Wineries-wise, with relatively gentle summer temperatures, as well as a higher rainfall than some Aussie vino-growing areas, Denmark has a bunch of truly fine examples to explore. There's nothing like going where the wind takes you, but for a great list of wineries in the area, click here. If wine isn't your cup of tea, take a trip to one of many cute cafes or eateries such as the Lights Beach Tearoom found nestled on the road to its namesake.
For explorers of the wild, you're in prime position with the Bibbulmun Track swinging by Denmark on the way to Albany right on your doorstep. There's no better way to spy the enchanting wildflowers, sheltered swimming spots and breathtakingly uninterrupted views along this world-renowned 1,000km long hiking experience.
William Bay National Park is another must (about 15 minutes away) where you can marvel at the rounded granite boulders that stretch hundreds of metres out to sea in a safe, swimmable coral formation.
Regardless of what you do, there's no doubt you'll agree that Denmark is simply beautiful. So forget about Europe, set sail to Australia instead.
The views from the inlet were second to none and to have a coffee on the balcony in the morning was a great way to start the day-- TripAdvisor
5 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 5 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Purchase unlimited vouchers
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- To extend your stay additional nights may be purchased at a special rate of $130 per night
- Valid based on double occupancy
- Up to 2 additional guests are welcome at $20 per person per night
- Upgrades are available to a Spa Studio for $25 per night
- Not valid for existing or group reservations
- Not valid for use during school or public holidays, long weekends or special event dates
- Weekends not available between February to April, limited availability between May to August
- Reservations are required, are subject to availability, must be made at least 2 weeks in advance and must be made by 30 April 2013
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2013 • Enjoy By August 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 58% savings