Peace and Quiet in Cottage by the Creek
Brown Mountain Beach Resort • Lenoir, NC
- A Two-Night Stay for Up to Four People in a Deluxe Cottage ($289)
- Or, a Three-Night Stay for Up to Four People in a Riverfront Cottage ($378)
- One Farm-to-Table Breakfast in Bed for Up to Four
Once land that the Cherokee roamed for game, Wilson Creek has since become a happy hunting ground to all who would pursue leisure in the idylls of the North Carolina mountains. Rock the Pisgah on a riverside retreat to Brown Mountain Beach Resort.
"A variety of opportunities for outdoor recreation and enjoying the natural beauty of the mountains," says the U.S. Department of Agriculture, "The Pisgah National Forest is a land of mile-high peaks, cascading waterfalls, and heavily forested slopes."
Set in old-growth wilderness 13 miles west of Lenoir, this 100-year-old-resort features restored riverfront cottages, updated to include full kitchens and baths, heating and air conditioning, and gas grills.
Outside your door flows the Wilson with its ever-changing moods. In places it's placid enough for swimming, rope swinging, and rock-hopping; elsewhere the river roars with class IV and V rapids for kayaking, tubing, and white-water rafting. In the midst of it all, you'll find two miles of perfectly private angling—whether you're fly-fishing or you're casting about in hopes of trophy trout—maintained by the Wilson Creek Keepers.
There's equal fun to be had on dry land: 38,000 acres of scenic trails wind through the property, giving way to 39 miles of trails just begging for the hum and whir of ATVs. Don't be surprised if your chosen path takes you to the foot of a fierce waterfall or the roots of a giant, hearty hardwood.
Back at your cabin, dry off by the hearth of your stone fireplace, then soak in the jacuzzi bubbles under a clear, starry sky. You'll feel the last of your worries soften and melt away as you recount the day around the outdoor fire pit.
"The Wilson Creek Gorge is simply one of the most beautiful areas in North Carolina, and the location of these riverfront cabins is wonderful. It is by far our childrens' favorite trip and we all lament that our visit flies by."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 20 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes/Resort fees not included
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 12, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 12, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 12, 2013 • Enjoy By April 12, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 45% savings