Back to Basics in the Berkshires
Thornewood Inn • Great Barrington, MA
- Overnight Stay for Two in a Standard Room with Private Bath ($134), Sundays through Thursdays
- Or a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Room with a Private Bath and a $20 Dinner Voucher ($289), Fridays and Saturdays
- Full breakfast
- Champagne or Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Cider with Chocolate Springs Chocolates from Chocolatier Joshua Needleman
The Information Age—with a different cable necessary for each of the 20 devices you carry—can tie you down more than it sets you free. Unplug and recharge your batteries with an Escape to Thornewood Inn, located off the grid in the countryside of Great Barrington, Massachusetts.
Hit "return" and download a bottle of Champagne or non-alcoholic sparkling cider with a box of Chocolate Springs Chocolates from award-winning chocolatier Joshua Needleman upon your arrival.
Wake up your system each morning in your antique-appointed room with private bath, cable TV, and views overlooking the the beautiful Berkshire Hills and the Housatonic River. Then, move your mouse downstairs for a byte of a delicious daily full breakfast.
Refresh a page from simpler history with a visit to the nearby Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge. Click through galleries of famous paintings that will reboot your memory of classic Americana while taking in exhibits that include Rockwell's iconic Saturday Evening Post covers as well as works from other artists, such as Curious George illustrators Margaret and H.A. Rey.
During the winter, exchange mountains of data for mountains of snow, and hit the slopes at Buttnernut Ski Basin—a SKI magazine top ten-rated family ski resort just 1.5 miles away from the inn—or toggle among four other ski-area options depending on your preference settings.
After completing the mainframe of your day, you'll want to savor a whole menu of dinner options at The Point Restaurant at Thornewood Inn, where you can experience in real time the spicy New England crab cakes or the all-natural grilled pork chops with sauerkraut, homemade applesauce, and mashed potatoes—all set to a playlist of live music streamed right to your table.
This isn't computer science. Save yourself a program crash and input relaxation so you can output stress—just press the Escape key before this vacation gets deleted.
"Thornewood Inn is charming and comfortable, and come evening, elegant with candles on every table in the large and lovely space that is the dining room. We loved the quirky collection of antiques... quite a feast for the eyes."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers must be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel until 6/1/13
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 12/29-31, 1/19-21, 2/14-23 and 5/25-26
- Based upon double occupancy
- Standard rooms include Primrose, The Violet Room, Lady Troy, Lady Morgan, Lady Catherine, Lady Campbell Room, Carriage I, and Carriage II; all subject to availability
- Room upgrade to a deluxe or suite room for $100 per night due at booking; subject to availability
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 1, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 1, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 1, 2013 • Enjoy By June 1, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 39% savings