A European Touch of Romance in Phoenix
Royal Palms Resort and Spa • Phoenix, AZ
- A One-Night Stay for Two in an Estate Room or a Montavista Terrace
- $25 Food-and-Beverage Credit
- Resort Fee Included
With its arched entryways and grand fountains, its palm-lined driveway and European antiques, the Royal Palms Resort and Spa seems more Sicilian than Sonoran. But make no mistake: This oasis in the desert, with the iconic Camelback Mountain setting the backdrop, is all Phoenix. In fact, Travel + Leisure named it the city's top resort in the World's Best awards of 2012, and it's a mainstay on the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List as a reader favorite of Phoenix hotels.
It all began in 1929. A wealthy New York financier and his wife built the 65-acre estate as a wintertime getaway home, but by 1948 it was open to the public. The resort underwent a multimillion-dollar renovation in 1997, and today it's topping best-of lists not only for its romantic Mediterranean ambience, but also the impeccable service it lavishes upon guests, and the world-class dining experience at T. Cook's Restaurant: "Ready to pop the question?" Frommer's asks. "This is the place for you."
Rooms, too, go above and beyond what's expected of luxury hotels. Continuing with the Mediterranean motif, each Estate Room and Montavista Terrace—which feel more like studio apartments—is appointed with handmade rugs and slatted shutters, a large writing desk and a leather chair, a deep soaking bathtub with separate shower and a Juliet-style balcony; turquoise and browns and muted reds bedeck the bed and the armoire. But it's never overwrought, always romantic.
And when it comes to diversion, you'll find the Royal Palms is tops there, too. Soak up some sun by the pool during the day, or allow the resort's golf concierge to arrange a round at one of the nearby courses—some of the best in the world. And before it's all over, be sure to schedule an in-water massage in the Watsu pool, an Orange Blossom Body Buff, or a Citrus Grove Facial at the celebrated Aldora Spa.
"This gorgeous little hideaway has the feel of a Spanish villa and is so romantic and beautiful that the moment you set foot in the first cloistered garden, you might imagine that you hear flamenco music."-- Frommer's
the fine print
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; must be 21 or over to check-in
- Reservation Name must match the name on the traveler's photo identification, which must be presented at check-in. Bookings are non-transferrable.
- Escapes Bookings are only valid for the date(s) purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates; Escapes Bookings are subject to forfeiture
- Escapes Bookings expire on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email. You must redeem your Escapes Booking on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email.
- No refunds allowed
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Not valid towards group stays
- Escapes Bookings must be used in a single visit and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the hotel property are not included
- Other standard terms and conditions may apply; visit www.livingsocial.com/terms for more information
- Other conditions apply
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• ONLY VALID ON EVENT DATE
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
from $0* /night
detailsLocated in the Montavista enclave, the Estate Rooms are the most traditional hotel-style accommodations. The rooms feature a large writing desk, comfortable leather chair, deep soaking bathtub with a separate shower and a Juliet-style balcony. Max Occupancy: 1room rates from $estate room$ $177 avg/night
detailsFeatures a writing desk, comfortable chair, ADA accessible roll-in shower, and Juliet-style balcony. Max Occupancy: 1room rates from $estate room acces...$ $177 avg/night
detailsThe twenty-three Montavista Terraces overlook the Montavista courtyard as well as the beautiful reflecting pool. All rooms are custom-designed with king-size beds and a master bathroom that features marble stone and rustic wooden vanities, deep soaking bathtubs and separate showers. Max Occupancy: 1room rates from $montavista terrace$ $217 avg/night
(includes taxes and fees)