Luxe Life in the Southern Berkshires
Rock Hall Luxe Lodging • Colebrook, CT
- A One-Night Stay for Two in Chambers 1, 3, or 4, Sundays through Thursdays ($325)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in Chambers 1, 3, or 4, Fridays and Saturdays ($649)
- Two Turkish Towels
- Mixology Class for Two
- Daily Breakfast for Two with Prosecco
A luxury country getaway doesn't have to take you far from home. For a spectacular retreat just two hours by car from New York City, Escape to Rock Hall Luxe Lodging in the beautiful Southern Berkshires of Litchfield County, Connecticut.
Designed by renowned architect Addison Mizner and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this circa 1912 Mediterranean estate has been fully restored to the lustre of its heyday.
Sleeping chambers are a relaxing refuge with antique furnishings, wood-burning fireplaces, imported European linens, and ensuite baths that provide a perfect way to unwind after a day of wandering the nearby Connecticut Wine Trail or shopping at the Lee Premium Outlets.
Though known as a summer playground, the Berkshires hardly hibernate in the winter. "All the pristine, wintry beauty of neighboring Vermont, but with hardly any of the ski crowds and weekend traffic," says Travel + Leisure. "Winter weekenders often have the stylish boutiques of Great Barrington or the antiques shops of Sheffield to themselves—not to mention 138,000 near-empty acres of nature preserves, many laced with cross-country and snowshoe trails."
The property offers snowshoes and is located within 30 minutes of three downhill ski areas, but guests won't have to leave the premises to experience something totally new. You can learn how to make two special cocktails and snack on light bites during a Mixology 101 class, or schedule a treatment from Rock Hall's menu of spa services when booking your stay.
And perhaps the most decadent indulgence is a menu of delights served each morning. You'll find everything from gravlax and frittatas to fresh fruit and Prosecco at your morning meal. A slice of the luxe life is hiding nearby and there's nothing but a blanket of snow to keep you from discovering it.
"As we entered the grand 13-foot-high living room, the tune wafting through the sound system was 'Unforgettable,' sung by the incomparable Nat King Cole. Whether planned by our host or serendipitous, that pretty much summed up our experience."-- Connecticut Magazine
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel January 15 – May 15, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Unless Rock Hall is able to rebook your room(s) cancellations made within 14 days of check-in result in full penalty. There is no refund and no exception. Travel insurance is recommended when booking extended stays as there are no refunds for early departures, weather conditions, illness or injury
- All cancellations made 14 days or more prior to check-in will be subject to a 10% cancellation fee; this fee can be applied to a future stay within 6 months of original reservation
- Must be at least 21 years old to consume alcohol
- No pets
- Smoking is only allowed in designated area outside
- Check- in is 3 p.m. and checkout is 11 a.m.
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 15, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 15, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 15, 2013 • Enjoy By May 15, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 51% savings