The Slow Flow of Winter in Tofino
Marina West Motel • Tofino, Canada
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Queen Room with Balcony
- $50 Dining Credit at Either Jack's Waterfront Pub or The Greenroom Diner
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Four Nights
One of Vancouver Island's top summer destinations, Tofino is hardly hibernating for winter. Sure, the swells of tourists who flock here from June to August to surf and soak up the long days have all but flown south, but this town of about 2,000 just north of Pacific Rim National Park still brims with eco adventure.
You'll have mostly to yourself at the Marina West Hotel. This whimsical waterfront hideaway is situated on the far western shores of Clayoquot Sound, just a short flight from Seattle or a scenic ferry ride and drive from Vancouver. Each cozy room features picture windows with either a water or courtyard view.
Winter in Tofino brings epic storms, and over the last several years it's become a popular destination for those in search of a tempest. On nice days, set out for an on-foot adventure, be it beachcombing the sandy shores of Pacific Rim National Park Reserve of Canada or avoiding sand traps at the nearby Long Beach Golf Course. And each March means a great migration of grey whales (upward of 20,000), which is celebrated in town during the Pacific Rim Whale Festival, held this year from March 17 to 25.
For dinner, the motel offers two excellent options. Jack's Waterfront Pub, overlooking the mountains of Clayoquot Sound, dishes up a hearty menu of pub favorites and a variety of other dishes. The Greenroom Diner serves up a similar menu, plus breakfast, but here you'll also get superb views of Browning Pass through wall-to-wall windows.
"Tofino combines the rugged Canadian frontier (the road ends here, literally) with the mellow vibe of a California surf town."-- Read Fodor's Review of Tofino
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 2 per customer, up to 2 additional as gift s
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Taxes/resort fees not included; collected at property
- Based on double occupancy
- Blackout dates include December 26, 2012 - Jan 4, 2013, Easter Weekend
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 28, 2013 • Enjoy By April 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars
- 50% savings