Romantic Wonder in the White Mountains
The Darby Field Inn & Restaurant • Albany, NH
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Traditional Room, Mondays through Thursdays, with Two-for-One Lift Tickets at Cranmore Mountain, Black Mountain, or King Pine Ski Area ($199)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Traditional Room, Fridays through Sundays ($219)
- Daily Full Country Breakfast for Two
- Assorted Chocolates and Bottle of Sparkling Cider or Champagne
- Snowshoe Rentals for On-Site Wooded Trails
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Four Nights
The White Mountains of New Hampshire—home of the burliest, most foreboding peaks in New England—inspired hundreds of painters and poets in the mid-19th century. Even today, nearly a decade after the collapse of the iconic Old Man of the Mountain, this dynamic range hasn't lost a lick of its allure.
Plant a flag in the shadow of these 4,000-footers with this Escape to the The Darby Field Inn & Restaurant, abutting the southeast edge of White Mountain National Forest six miles from North Conway and just 130 miles from Boston.
Traditional Rooms are located on the third floor of this blue-clapboard mansion and are appointed with a queen-size bed, private bathroom with tub and shower, air-conditioning, and—bring an extra memory card—awe-inspiring mountain views.
Cranmore Mountain, Black Mountain, and King Pine Ski Area provide plenty powder to cover. "Cranmore's slopes are unrepentantly old-fashioned," says Frommer's, "but the mountain has re-styled itself as a snow-sports mecca—look for snow tubing, snow scooters, and ski bikes."
When you return from the craggy peaks, you can purchase a hot stone massage to melt away the tension from frozen-stiff muscles. Or, head straight to The Darby Field Restaurant. May we recommend the bourbon-bacon shrimp to start, followed by butternut ravioli and complemented with a glass or bottle from the cosmopolitan wine list? If that sounds all too formal after a day in the snow, the Tavern Menu offers bites such as burgers and potato wedges for casual appetites.
Whatever you choose, you can rest easy knowing you're in good company: Not only did artists of yore draw inspiration from these enigmatic mountains, but publications like Travel + Leisure found something to write home about here too. Says USA Today, "This inn 'right in the middle of nowhere' represents the best of rural New Hampshire."
"My wife and I have been going to The Darby Field Inn for romantic, relaxing getaways for more than 20 years now. The location is great and the meals superb—if you don't try dinner at the inn then you're missing something special."-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel until 5/24/13
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Property blackout dates are 12/24-25, 12/28-31, 1/18-20, 2/14-17, 2/22/-24, 3/8-9 and 4/1-4/25
- Skiing blackout dates are 12/26 -1/2/13, 1/19-21 and 2/16-24
- Based upon double occupancy
- Dinner is offered Wednesday through Sunday; reservations recommended
- Voucher includes daily full country breakfast for two, assorted chocolates, a bottle of sparkling cider or Champagne and snowshoe rentals for on-site wooded trails
- Taxes of 9% and service charges of 6% are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 24, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 24, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 24, 2013 • Enjoy By May 24, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 51% savings