History on the River in Sunny San Antonio
A Beckmann Inn and Carriage House • San Antonio, TX
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($179) or Fridays, Saturdays, and Holidays ($229)
- Daily Full Breakfast
- Parking and Wireless Internet Access
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Four Nights
San Antonio, home of the Alamo and more than a few Spanish missions, seems an unlikely place to find rich German heritage. But a small enclave of Germans did indeed settle here in the late 19th century, bringing with them the culture and customs of the old country. And while much of this heritage has moved away from the city proper and into suburbs like New Braunfels, the King William Historic District, situated right downtown on the two-and-a-half-mile River Walk, still stands as a reminder of San Antonio's affluent German past.
A Beckmann Inn and Carriage House, set just steps from the river in the heart of this historic district, is just one of the neighborhood's many relics from those halcyon days. When you step onto the wraparound porch and into the inn, you'll be stepping into a gift—literally. This converted 1886 home was originally a wedding present for a flour baron's daughter. Each of five restored guest rooms features elegant furnishings reminiscent of the Victorian era, like large wooden armoires and stately bed frames.
Just across the street from the inn, the River Walk is lined with restaurants and shops, and several merchants offer river tours through this Venetian canal-like setting. Or tour the city by trolley—it winds through the King William Historic District, and can drop you off in must-see spots like The Alamo, El Mercado (a funky Mexican marketplace), and the San Fernando Cathedral. If your feet are itching for even more fun, take the well-beaten path to perennial favorites like SeaWorld and Six Flags Fiesta Texas, both less than 30 minutes away.
"The house is located at the southern end of the neighborhood, right by the river, which in this particular spot is unpopulated by tourists. You couldn't find a more relaxing spot so close to downtown."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 2 per customer, up to 2 additional as gifts
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Credit card and voucher number required for reservation
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- 16,75% taxes/resort fees not included; collected at property
- Based on double occupancy
- Blackout dates include Dec. 29th; Dec 31; Feb 14; Mar 8-17; Apr 25-28
- No pets allowed
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 30, 2013 • Enjoy By December 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings