Reset the Clock Off the Coast of Honduras
Turquoise Bay Dive and Beach Resort • Roatan, Honduras
- A Four-($359) or Seven-Night ($599) Stay for Two in a Superior Room
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Round-Trip Ground Transport to and from Airport
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
You want to start the new year off on the right foot—this year, just make sure that that foot is firmly planted in tropical Honduran sand. Kick off your cares along with your sandals with an Escape to Turquoise Bay Dive and Beach Resort, a seductive sanctuary on the island of Roatán, the largest of the Bay Islands off the coast of Honduras.
"If your definition of paradise includes empty beaches, no crowds, and not having to dress for dinner, consider packing your bags for an easy-access option you might not have considered: the Bay Islands of Honduras," recommends Lonely Planet.
Kick back in accommodations with a numerous commendations, including Tripadvisor's 2012 Certificate of Excellence. Spend the morning afloat in the tropical pool and take in rays on a terrace above the beach. High noon is high time to seek shade in a parade of palms or take solar solace in the easy eaves of a palapa.
Bailey's Key is key to forming porpoiseful relationships: After suiting up at Subway Watersports, the PADI five-star-accredited and National Geographic dive center, you'll visit the secret environs of Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. You'll acclimate to the depth, but you'll never get quite used to the coral splendor and spongey sprawl of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef, the second-longest in the world.
Skim the surface of the bay on a complimentary kayak or zip-line through the jungle canopy. Parrots and monkeys jockey for a coveted spot atop your shoulder at Gumbalimba Park, where you'll find yourself in the presence of 200 different tropical plant and tree specimens. Also on the map: Coxen's Cave, featuring "artwork and history painted on the cave walls, life-size pirates, treasure, weapons and maps."
When you've mastered the pace of the West End's beaches, head over to the East End for a taste of Garifuna culture. There, savoring endless conch concoctions in stilt-borne dwellings, you'll be party to hand-drumming and true island hospitality.
"Clusters of whitewashed cabins dot the grassy hill overlooking the—you guessed it—turquoise bay. Palapa umbrellas shade rows of lounge chairs along the 500-foot stretch of private beach where the dock houses kayaks, paddleboats, and jet skis for rent."-- Fodor's Review of Turquoise Bay Dive and Beach Resort
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Valid for travel until December 21, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by March 31, 2013
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are March 6-10 and 23-30
- Children under 4 years old stay free with adults
- Based upon double occupancy
- Airfare not included
- Taxes and resort fees are not included and will be collected at redemption
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 21, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 21, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 21, 2013 • Enjoy By December 21, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 44% savings