Living Cardiff the Coastal California Way
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge • Cardiff by the Sea, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two, Excluding Saturdays, in a Deluxe Room ($169)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Deluxe Room Any Day of the Week ($299)
- One Bottle of Champagne
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
Like its namesake city across the pond, Cardiff is a coastal hamlet. But that's where the similarities end for the bustling capital of Wales and the laid-back surf town about 30 minutes north of San Diego. Experience California through the coastal lens of an Escape to Cardiff-by-the-Sea Lodge.
Unlike its Atlantic counterpart, California's Cardiff is home to nearly 300 annual days of sunshine and a consistently balmy temperature, plus unique natural phenomena and an idyllic setting that belies its proximity to a world-class city.
You'll have your pick of five mid-price accommodations at this charming 17-room inn. On the first floor, the Victorian Room is adorned with authentic period furnishings and lace touches, while the French Garden Room features wicker décor and a whirlpool tub.
On the second floor, the Roosevelt Room is equipped with an ocean view, the Monticello Room features a whirlpool tub and marble-accented bath, and the cozy Country Pine Room is outfitted with fine wood furnishings and window seating for those rare rainy days—or, just pretend it's winter in Wales and curl up with a book anyway.
After breakfast—think European delights like yogurt, fruit, pastries, and coffee—head a few short steps down to the San Elijo Lagoon, comprising Cardiff State Beach and San Elijo State Beach. The former is famous for its tide pools, which make for excellent beachcombing, while the latter lies just 800 feet from the inn and offers excellent picnic spots. Both are renowned surf breaks.
For dinner, make like a local and head for the nearly 20-year-old Beach House. This restaurant right on the water offers some of the best sunset views in town and serves upscale dishes—like yellowfin tuna with mango coulis or filet mignon—in a casual setting.
At night's end, head for the lodge's lush rooftop garden, boasting panoramic ocean views and a hot tub in which to soak it all in.
Sure, you'll find quaint Old World accommodations in the United Kingdom, maybe even some water, but stellar surf and a uniquely low-key California vibe? Only one Cardiff delivers and this Escape takes you there.
"It’s no surprise that all along this gorgeous coast magnificent private homes sit on some of the best spots. But at San Elijo State Beach in Cardiff, campers can enjoy prime real estate too."-- The New York Times
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 1 per customer, up to 3 additional as gifts
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Taxes/resort fees not included; collected at property
- Based on double occupancy
- Only 1 welcome bottle of champagne and 1 welcome chocolate covered strawberries per stay
- Rooms available: 101, 102, 103, 202, 203, 205
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 20, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON June 20, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 20, 2013 • Enjoy By June 20, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 45% savings