'Peace on Earth' Perfected in the Poconos
Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort • Shawnee on Delaware, PA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Standard King or Queen Room or a Standard Room with Two Double Beds, Sundays through Thursdays ($87)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Standard King or Queen Room or a Standard Room with Two Double Beds, Fridays and Saturdays ($230)
- Full, Daily Hot Breakfasts for Two
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Four Days
Some places bloom in the spring, but the Poconos in Pennsylvania really shines when blanketed with a layer of new-fallen snow. Wake up in a winter wonderland when you Escape to Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort and let the kiss of cool mountain air and the warmth of Pennsylvania hospitality greet you at every turn.
"Occupying the northeast corner of Pennsylvania is the famed Poconos region, containing 2,400 square miles of mountains, streams, waterfalls, lakes and forests, making it a beautifully natural getaway at any time during the four seasons," says Lonely Planet.
No two rooms or stays are the same at this turn-of-the-20th-century hotel and 2012 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence-Award winner built on the bank of the Delaware River. Though the championship greens may be white for winter, that won't stop you from enjoying the best of Shawnee Inn's hospitality: hot breakfasts in the River Room, a Mimosa Champagne Body Scrub from the spa, tastings at the on-site brewery, or the community-led concerts series that often including singer-songwriter duos and authentic Appalachian-bluegrass, gospel, swing, and Irish music by the fireside.
The lodgings here are just a day-trip distance from New York City and Philadelphia, and the "Switzerland of America"—Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvannia—is even closer.
Hit any of the 23 trails at Shawnee Mountain for a skiing or snowboarding adventure, or descend on Gem and Keystone Brewpub for dinner—the restaurant was declared to have the "Best Use of Local and Organic Ingredients" by Pennsylvania Tourism and Lodging Associations.
Glad tidings abound in the hillside haven—indeed, the Poconos have the concept of "peace on earth" perfected.
"The Shawnee Inn is my family's favorite place stay, even if it's just a short getaway. Each time we arrive, we’re greeted with a warm welcome... In the winter, we enjoy the fire in the living room."-- TripAdvisor
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Up to 2 vouchers can be used to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Blackout dates are 1/19-20, 2/15-23 and 5/24-26
- Based upon double occupancy; $10 per person charge for third and fourth person in the room
- Children under 18 stay free in the same room with an adult
- Upgrades available
- Taxes, resort fees and gratuites are not included
- Nights must be used consecutively
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2013 • Enjoy By May 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 45% savings